AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is ACADE day for me... Cables not wires...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
warrenandy
533 Views, 2 Replies

Today is ACADE day for me... Cables not wires...

As I ma not an electrical engineer or designer, I am not sure if this is a intended result or my users need more training. They want to place a cable, so they use the wire and then change it to a multiwire layer. Then when they run automatic numbering they do not want the wire to be labeled a s a wire. They want it labeled as a cable. But it auto numbers every time and shows up anyways. What is the proper procedure in this situation?

I am so rusty on ACADE I am not even sure if I am asking the right question, let me know if you need an example...

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: warrenandy

Andrew,

Your question is an easy one.

For multiwire cables, I created a new layer and called it "Cables". I then used "Create/Edit Wire Type" and added it as a wire type but set the "Wire Numbering" to equal "No". This way, the wires on this layer will do all the usual ACE function expect wire numbers.

I then add a Cable Marker to the wire bundle to designate the cable uniquely for Wire To/From Reports.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3
andrew.warren
in reply to: testsubject

Thank you Bob!

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost