AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titleblock update saved version

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
preichle
750 Views, 10 Replies

Titleblock update saved version

I'm doing a titleblock update across a whole project by using the Title Block Update (right click option under the project in Project Manager).

My default saved version is set to 2010 in options, yet all the drawings are saved to 2013 after the titleblocks are updated.

Am I missing a setting somewhere else?  Is there a better way to do a tilteblock update?  Or is that just the way it is?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
algerj
in reply to: preichle

Hi Preichle,

I have a few things for you to check:

1. Have you installed any service packs on 2013?

If not try installing SP1.

2. Are you 100% certain that you set the "Save as" option in "Open and Save" tab to 2010 and hit apply?

3. You will have to re-save any existing drawings that were created in the 2013 format to a 2010 format.

If you don't change the format of existing files it will not save as 2010.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 11
preichle
in reply to: algerj

1)  2013 sp1 and 2014 behave the same.

2)  Save as is definitely set to 2010, drawings manually saved are in 2010.

3)  I understand 

However like I said:

I can take an existing project that is in 2010, use the title block update in 2013 or 2014 for the entire project, then the drawings can not opened in 2012 or older (so is saved as 2013)

If I open anything after the title blocks have been updated and then immediately save without any changes, it can then be opened in 2012 or older (so it is saved as 2010).

Message 4 of 11
algerj

Thats strange,

I just tried the same thing on my end and could not reproduce the error.

Do you have a Project (or several test files with the issue) you could post for me to test?

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 5 of 11
cmellison

It is not strange to me because I use AutoCAD Electrical 2013 and every time I use project update to update my titleblock info my drawings get saved to AutoCAD 2013 format even though I have my default to save AutoCAD 2007/LT2007. I keep get emails from my panel shop telling me they can't open my drawings. This is a big deal to me because some of my drawing packages have hundreds of drawings and I do not like having to open every drawing and resave it. It defeats the purpose of being able to conveniently changing the drawing status on all the drawings at once if I have to reopen them and resave them. Please correct this bug or tell me what we are doing wrong!

acad settings.png

Message 6 of 11
algerj
in reply to: cmellison

*edited Spell check missed a few things on its first pass.

Ah ok,

I see the issue, It's only updating the first and last drawing in the set.

Alright I have a suggestion that should work then.

If you use the "Utilities" command, there is a option to run a Script file.

(Project > Project Tools > Utilities)

Flag the "Run Command Script File"

Click on "..." to browse to the Open Drawing Script (OPEN_DWG.scr)

Click open to load in the scr.

Click Ok (to start the utilities command)

Click Ok Again (Select project otherwise this will only affect one drawing)

Select all of the drawings in the Project.

Click Ok To run the Script.

If your "Save as" default was set to 2010, 2007, etc it will change the drawing Version to that type when closing the file. (basically its an open, save, close Script).

Here is a quick Screenshot of the script selection dialog boxes.

ACADE_Run_Script.png

Its a default Script so it should be installed.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 7 of 11
cmellison

Thank you James. I was hoping for a solution to the problem maybe AutoCAD will fix the issue for the next release.

Message 8 of 11
testsubject

if your shop is only opening the drawings and not editing them, then can you have them install DWG Truview 2014? it is free from Autodesk and can open any drawing with it.

Saving in the most recent version improves the file performance because the files are typically smaller...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 9 of 11
cmellison

Yes, the panel shop edits the drawings we are all part of the same company.  Also, some of our customers are still on AutoCAD 2010. Running the script to open and close the drawings helps but it is just a bandaid and it ties my machine up opening and closing 100+ drawings at a time. I would much rather AutoCAD solve the problem because I love, love, love being able to change the drawing status on a bunch of drawings at one time.

Thanks for the help

CME

Message 10 of 11
TomTom111

Hello cmellison,

There is also a check box in the "Update Title Block" Dialouge box to open each drawing as it updates the title block.

Update Title Block.png

Hope this helps

Thomas Walls

CADMASTER TECHNOLOGIES, LLC

www.cadmastertech.com

Message 11 of 11
cmellison

I am so HAPPY!Smiley HappySmiley Happyto announce that I do not have that problem with AutoCAD 2014!!!Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost