AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

titleblock --> Drawing Properties

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sjoulaei
282 Views, 5 Replies

titleblock --> Drawing Properties

I am working on an upgrade project. we have some drawings in old version of ACAD with title blocks and attributes on it.
I want to have some attributes as my drawing properties ( like Drawing Descriptions and drawing numbers etc.) and I'm wondering to know is there any way to reverse mapping from tblock to drawing properties?

thanks
Saeed
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sjoulaei

Go to Projects - Title Block Setup and choose .wdt
Select Pick Block and select your old title block, then right clock and
click OK

Next select Pick next to the project description line you wish to use for
that description.
Pick the attribute you need for that description line. Repeat until all your
project details for the drawing are selected.

Click on Drawing Values down near the bottom right of the dialog box.
Do the same as before regarding Dwg descriptions, numbers and so on.

When finished, click OK.
This creates a .wdt file which is associated with the project you are
working on.

The only other method would require you to copy the title block to a blank
dwg and explode the title block in the new dwg.
Go to Projects - Title Block Setup and choose WD_TB Attrib.
Follow the steps as above then save the title block using a different
location.

Next you need to Swap the title block by going to Components - Component
Miscellaneous - Swap/Update Block
Select Swap a Block - one at a time, then Browse to new block. Click OK to
continue once that's done.
Browse to the new title block and select it, and click open to use this
block.
Next you select the old Title Block on the dwg. Right click to exit the
command.

Go to dwg properties and fill in your dwg data and Project Descriptions to
fill those in.
Do a title block update to transfer the data to the dwgs.

Regards Brad

wrote in message news:6035011@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am working on an upgrade project. we have some drawings in old version of
ACAD with title blocks and attributes on it.
I want to have some attributes as my drawing properties ( like Drawing
Descriptions and drawing numbers etc.) and I'm wondering to know is there
any way to reverse mapping from tblock to drawing properties?

thanks
Saeed
Message 3 of 6
sjoulaei

Brad,
Thanks for your comment, but my question was about bringing values from old drawings to new system .
Actually, I have changed my old tblock to new one with everything in it but when I want to see them in Drawing Properties (right click in the project management section on drawing and click on drawing properties...).
Why I want it is to use sheet no ( that is not sequential for whole project ) and DWG No and Drawing Descs ( for drawing list Index ).

Cheers,

Saeed
Message 4 of 6
dark_electron

Hi everybody,
I dont know why I could not post a new threat out there, it says server error 500 somethings when I hit the button, so I borrow this threat to post my inquiry.
I am totally new to AcadE and would like to learn how to use the software. I am following the Getting Started and the User Manual included in the DVDs, the files teach me well except I dont know how to create a title block from scratch without using any existing templates.
I tried to use the symbol builder to create a title block but I am stuck in how to add title block attributes into the drawing. As I understand, template files are main component of the acadE drawings. Please give me some help.
Thanks in advance.
Message 5 of 6
dark_electron

Hi everybody, I dont know why I could not post a new threat out there, it says server error 500 somethings when I hit the button, so I borrow this threat to post my inquiry. I am totally new to AcadE and would like to learn how to use the software. I am following the Getting Started and the User Manual included in the DVDs, the files teach me well except I dont know how to create a title block from scratch without using any existing templates. I tried to use the symbol builder to create a title block but I am stuck in how to add title block attributes into the drawing. As I understand, template files are main component of the acadE drawings. Please give me some help. Thanks in advance.
Message 6 of 6
dark_electron

Hi everybody, I dont know why I could not post a new threat out there, it says server error 500 somethings when I hit the button, so I borrow this threat to post my inquiry. I am totally new to AcadE and would like to learn how to use the software. I am following the Getting Started and the User Manual included in the DVDs, the files teach me well except I dont know how to create a title block from scratch without using any existing templates. I tried to use the symbol builder to create a title block but I am stuck in how to add title block attributes into the drawing. As I understand, template files are main component of the acadE drawings. Please give me some help. Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost