AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
odds
755 Views, 8 Replies

Title block

I am trying to get the Title Block Update to fill in the drawing sub-section for me.  I have already filled in the sub-section on each drawing in the drawing properties.  I have linked the title block line Drawing Sub-section in the Drawing values to a line on the title block.  I have done the same for the drawing description lines and they work fine, but the sub-section will not fill in.  Any one have any ideas about what I am missing?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: odds

This worked fine for me in AutoCAD Electrical 2015. I have this link in my .wdt

TITLE`#1 = DWGSUB

Where TITLE`#1 is my attribute name.

What version of AutoCAD Electrical are you using?

What is your link (whether in a .wdt or on the WD_TB attribute)?

Regards,
Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
odds
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Pat,

I'm still on 2014 and all the others work, but that one won't.  Let me check my .wdt and see if I have a typo there.

Message 4 of 9
odds

Pat,

This is what I copied out of my .wdt. 

DESC1 = DD1
SUB_SECTION = DWGSUB
DATE = PLOTDATEMMDDYY
DESC2 = DD2

All of those work except the Sub_Section.  SUB_SECTION is the attribute on the title block.

When I do a drawing list to put into a table of contents for the project I list the drawing # and the sub-section and they all show up there, but not on the title block.  I'd pull my hair out if there was any there!

Message 5 of 9
rhesusminus

Just for the fun of it...

Try to map the DWGSUB to another attribute.

It MIGHT the the underscore in the attribute tag that messes up....

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 9

I tried AutoCAD Electrical 2014 using a title block with SUB_SECTION for the attribute and it worked ok using a .wdt file or the WD_TB attribute. Can you upload a drawing with your title block on it? Maybe looking at it will help see what is going on.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 9
odds

Pat,

Here is the drawing and the .wdt  files that I use with these drawings.  I hope these help.

I'm having trouble uploading the attachements.  It finds something wrong even with the .dwg file.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
PatMurnen_Adsk

In looking at the drawing you uploaded it appears to have the WD_TB attribute on the title block. When that is present it is always used for the title block mapping even if you have a project .wdt file. The values on the WD_TB have SUB_SECTION in there twice but neither mapped to DWGSUB. One is mapped to DWGSEC and the other to LINE12. Try editing the attribute value on one drawing so there is only one SUB_SECTION=DWGSUB and see if it updates as you want on a Title Block Update. There are other attributes mapped multiple times so you might want to check that is you stick with the WD_TB method.

If you wanted to use the .wdt mapping method you need to get rid of the WD_TB attribute on the title block. Edit the original .dwg for your title block and then (after making back up copies of the drawings) try using the AutoCAD Electrical swap block across your project to update the title block. The swap block isn't really intended for this but I think it should work.

BTW, I don't think the .wdt uploaded. I always suggest zipping files for attachment. Seems to be more reliable, probably due to various virus checkers.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9
odds

Thanks Pat!

I think that points me in the right direction.  I knew there was something I was missing.  I recently had to change the title blocks to match the parent company and I haven't had it right since.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost