AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Update

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
JAYAPRAKASHMA9518
3820 Views, 10 Replies

Title Block Update

Hello

What is the procedure to apply Project Title block properties to the drawing sheets in one shot? i know each drawing sheet can be applied with project setting individually but i would like to know at a time applying to all the sheets. 

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
lturley
in reply to: JAYAPRAKASHMA9518

It took me a few versions of ACE and a forum post to discover this, so don't be embaressed!

Basically, use the SHIFT/CTRL key to highlight multiple drawings in the project window. Right click and apply project default settings 😉

Message 3 of 11

Hello

Thanks for the answer. it works!. One more question, is it possible to change the Title Block format? I mean, if i have 5 sheets of drawings and out of 5 sheets 2 sheets i made with differant Title block format, can i change it as remaining 3 sheets format. I don't think it is possible to change the Acad Block itself. Please let me know...

Thanks 

Message 4 of 11
Avd650

Just mark tittle block on one page that you want to copy from, CTRL+C and go to page you need to update. Delete the tittle block there and paste the other one with coordinates at 0,0,0.

It should work. You need to run tittle block update...

DK

Message 5 of 11
JAYAPRAKASHMA9518
in reply to: Avd650

Thanks DK it works!!.

Message 6 of 11

DK has advised you well.  I would only add that, if you need to replace multiple title blocks in a project, you can use the Swap/Update Block utility.  Select Project-wide.  My title block is built into my drawing border and is saved as a template. I save as both a template (.dwt)  and a drawing (.dwg) file.  Use the drawing file as the replacement.  The bottom line is that you think of the title block as another component symbol.  After all, you are essentially inserting drawing files into drawing files when working with AutoCAD blocks.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 11
Rosebm

Hello Jay!

Did you mean your attribute format?

Have you ever used the command ATTSNYC?

It will update the other title blocks to look like the title block attribute format that you selected.

The attribute format you wished to copy must be the format in your block. You will know this by going in your

block using REFEDIT.

Make sure you try this command on a test dwg file. You can undo anyway. Isn't UNDO command great?!!

Rose

Message 8 of 11
dk1996
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Mister McAlexander,

When i swap my title block with an updated one i get red tekst on some descriptions, even after update title block they remain red.

Dunno what i'm doing wrong, any ideas?

Regards,
Dennis
Message 9 of 11
Icemanau
in reply to: dk1996

The red descriptions indicate that you have two or more attributes with the same name....

They will work as normal so don't worry about that, but it would be advisable to go through the attibutes and change the names of the duplicates.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
jmartin
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Doug,

The project wide titleblock swap did work in older versions, but I can not seem to get it to work in 2016??

jmartin
Message 11 of 11

If you create your title block the way my Web site explains you will have one block inside your template. The name might be something like D_Border_Base.dwg. Swapping or Updating it is no different than swapping or updating a switch symbol, pilot light, power supply, etc. All are simply blocks, even the border/title block. It works for me in all versions, including 2016 and 2017. Double check how your border template is made.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost