AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Update Problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Halifaxns
250 Views, 3 Replies

Title Block Update Problems

Title Block Update problems. I added atributes to our title block and this works good. How can I update all my drawings with the updated attributes. The update was done on the first drawing of the drawing set. The block is nested in this drawing. I tried to do a bolck swap but if I am in an other drawing I cannot get into the first drawing. Any idea what I am doing wrong??? We are using ACADE 2008
Frans H.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cawaugh
in reply to: Halifaxns

Save the block out to a common folder, then swap block from that folder.
Our title blocks are stored in the Template directory for easy access and
it keeps them seperated from the main symbols and circuits.
Message 3 of 4
Halifaxns

The block swap works now . Another problem poped up when I want to edit the attributes the Edit Block Definition screen pops up? Any idea what I am setting up wrong?
Thx Frans H.
Message 4 of 4
cawaugh

The only time I've seen this come up without actually calling it myself is when a block is inserted that has a nested block in it. In other words, the block needs to be exploded in order to edit the attributes. It is like inserting a circuit, if you use the normal insert for inserting the circuit, the circuit comes in and needs exploding to function properly. The insert circuit command does this automatically and more. I'll bet that the block your having issues with is similar. Try exploding it and go from there. You may have to go into the block drawing itself and see if it is a block or the components that make up the block. If it is a block, then explode it so that it will go in a block instead of a nested block. Good luck and I hope this sense or helps a little.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost