AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Update only updating some TB Attributes?¿

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SeedyNotions
318 Views, 4 Replies

Title Block Update only updating some TB Attributes?¿

I have a .wdt and .wdl inside my project folder next to my .wdp, everything has been mapped. I'm getting some attributes updating while others show through the command prompt that they're updating; but alas when the drawing is checked, nothing has been updating. Any thoughts on this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Is it possible that you might have another hidden instance of a title block with those attributes and the visible one not having those attributes?

Purge the drawing, run through the title block setup one more time and also double check that you have all the check boxes enables when doing the title block update. Open the wdt file in Notepad and check that the attributes are mapped correctly after the title block setup has finished.

Message 3 of 5

Like I said, in the command prompt everything shows as if it's updating. The attributes are mapped correctly. I did purge all blocks within the drawing after your suggestion, however to no avail. I'm wondering if there is a character limit to what AE can change within the attribute naming convention. I.E. too many characters in the attribute name?

Any help short of re-creating a customer's title block would be helpful.

Thanks for the reply BTW.

Message 4 of 5

Here's another thing that I would suggest: erase that title block from that specific drawing, purge the drawing, be sure that the block is gone (try "insert" and check to be sure it's not in the list), copy it from another drawing (assuming that there's one with a similar title block) and do a title block update one more time on that specific drawing.

Message 5 of 5

You can also post the suspect drawing with the .wdt and .wedl for us to look at, if you can.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost