AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Update formatting problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joehiti
500 Views, 3 Replies

Title Block Update formatting problem

Autocad Electrical 2013 SP1

When I do a title block update for project or active drawing, the text allignment is changed randomly on different sheets in project. Does anybody know how to fix this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnq
in reply to: joehiti

Hi Joe

I do not have a defnate fix, just my experience with ACE2012/10.

They are two different drawings so it is strange.  I use CutePDF rather than ADOBE to create PDF files.  Various versions of ADBOE have inconpatability problems with big  .DWG  files and try simplfy raster lines.

I believe work place printers for Autocad  should be postscript as post script has better font handling than a standard printer.

I have had intermittant post of data where there is a busy network and standard printing.

AS I said no definate assistance just some ideas to think about.

Cheers  John Quigley

Message 3 of 4
joehiti
in reply to: johnq

It's not hte PDF printing that I'm having problems. Its the format of the actual title block that is changing randomly with each title block update. My attachments show a good title block versus a bad title block.

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: joehiti

I fave a similar problem with 2008. The cause I have found is our mechanical engineer uses solidworks and when solidworks opens a ACAD file, some of the font's display differently. This then changes the size and position of the text.

Solidworks will save any changes when the dwg is then closed. Then when I open the drawing at a later date, the font displays correctly but in the new positions rather than the inserted position...

The fix for my problem is to run the attribute sync command. This places all the affected attributes in their correct position. I'm not sure if the same fix will work for you.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost