AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block setup method 2 WD_TB

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ADD_123
2447 Views, 6 Replies

Title Block setup method 2 WD_TB

How the title block setup method 2 works.?

Tried following steps but failed to update the Title block

1. created block with attributes  defined in it. 

2. Saved the file as drg file

3. Saved it as a template file

4. Created a new drg with the newly created template

5. Opened the block drg file and exploded the block.

6.  Used the Title Block Setup tool and selected WD_TB radio button and ok from the Setup Tittle block dialog box.

7. Selected reqd attributes and then Ok from the Title Block Setup-WD_TB attribute method dialog box

8. Used the Title Block Update tool to update the title block but the AutoCAD message box displayed as " No .wdt

file or WD_TB attribute found Run the AutoCAD Electrical Title Block setup wizard.

Can anybody explain me what is wrong in these steps and what is the correct method of doing it.

Attached the blick drg file used.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drathak
in reply to: ADD_123

Ok, you create your title block with the attributes in it first.  That's correct.  Saving it as a DWG is also correct. (Presuming drg was an auto-correct or something.)

Then, open your border drawing and insert the title block into it.  Save THAT as a DWT.  The title "block" must exist as a block in your final drawings and thus, must also in the template file. (Step 3 is your first mistake.)

Step 5 - No need to explode any blocks. In fact, that is one of the bad habits I'm trying to break people of around here.  Attributes are useless if they aren't in a block and that's what you'll end up with if you explode your title block.

Steps 6 & 7 need to occur when you are making the title block.  The WD_TB attribute needs to be in there with the rest of them.

Step 8 isn't working becasue of the above.  I looked at your drawing and there is no WD_TB attribute in it.

Hope this helps!

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 7
dougmcalexander

There is a step-by-step guide for creating a drawing template using method 2 available at www.ecadconsultant.com.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 7
ADD_123

Still not clear.

1.create a block with attributes defined in it.

2. Save it as a drg file.

next, which file i have to open as a border drg to insert a created block in it.

I am very confused. Better if all steps are eleborated once again. I have tried at least 100 times. but could not get the result.

Message 5 of 7
Icemanau

1. Create title block with attributes.

2. Save as a DWG (Drawing/Block) file and close.

3. Start a new drawing and make sure it is totally BLANK.

4. Insert title block file saved in Step 2 as a block.

5. Make sure your layers are set up as required.

6. Check all drawing settings and modify as required.

7. Run Title Block Setup command.

8. Save as a DWT (template) file.

9. Add a new dwg to a project and select the new DWT file you just saved as the template.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad, that's nice and concise.  But I think step 7 should be step 2.  Title Block Setup creates a mapping attribute and the mapping attribute must be at the same level where the attributes that it maps are located. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
drathak
in reply to: dougmcalexander

@dougmcalexander wrote:

Brad, that's nice and concise.  But I think step 7 should be step 2.  Title Block Setup creates a mapping attribute and the mapping attribute must be at the same level where the attributes that it maps are located. 

Yep.  And I have trouble being that concise.  Good job, Brad.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost