AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Mapping to Multiple Attributes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
467 Views, 5 Replies

Title Block Mapping to Multiple Attributes

I would like to map a single piece of information to several places in my title block. For example, I would like the file name to appear horizontally at the bottom edge of the title block and vertically on the right edge of the title block.

I thought I knew how to do this once, but....

How can this be done? Any hints?

Thanx
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Try inserting the same ATTDEF in both locations. I have drawing number appearing at the bottom and up one side on some of my projects where the customer's title block requires it. I just copied the attribute and rotated it for the orientation I desired.

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I thought I tried that a long time ago, but received inconsistant results. Duplicate attributes are listed in red in the Enhanced Attribute Editor.

Since it is working for you, I will log it as one the tricks to use that may not be according to the rules but works just fine.

thanx,
Message 4 of 6
dougmcalexander

Duplicates do show up as red text in EAE, but it's okay. I had issues with past customers wanting to show the TERM attribute for terminal block footprints at the top and bottom, like the real world. The plastic markers for terminal numbers snap into place near the top and bottom of the DIN style blocks. But the TERM attribute in AcadE terminal footprints is located dead center, where the jumper-bar screws actually go. So I moved the TERM attribute to the top and duplicated it on the bottom for my customers. But versions 2007 and previous would only update one of the TERM attributes. I would then have to manually change the other. I requested a correction and, starting with version 2008, you can duplicate the TERM attribute on a terminal block and place it on the top and bottom. The terminal number coming from the schematic will be filled in on both automatically. The same is true for title blocks.

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

For once my memory was too good.

I knew I had tried duplicate attributes and had problems, and I was right. And I just haven't tried again more recently. I don't know if that's good or bad, lol.

Glad to know about the change. Thanx again.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I use a field that looks to the appropriate attribute to do the same thing.
I use ACADE2008 and the fields change automatically whereas if there were
duplicate attributes, they would not update automatically. The attributes in
question were not part of the title block setup so did not update with the
Title Block Update tool.

Regards Brad

wrote in message news:6317141@discussion.autodesk.com...
For once my memory was too good.

I knew I had tried duplicate attributes and had problems, and I was right.
And I just haven't tried again more recently. I don't know if that's good or
bad, lol.

Glad to know about the change. Thanx again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report