AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

title block does not update

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1102 Views, 5 Replies

title block does not update

Hello,

I created a template (as attached) in AutoCAD Electrical 2011.  In Title Block Setup, the Method 2 (WD_TB Attrib) was chosen and from LINE1 to LINE21 tags were displayed in the popup window.  However, when I tried to use this template to create a drawing in project, the title block did not update.  I've seen all LINEs are blank.  Please help.

Thanks,

Kent

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

Back to basics....

Did you fill in the descriptions before you ran the title block update?

When you bring up the menu to click on the title block update command, there should be a command named Descriptions. Click on this and then fill in the data for the project. Now run the title block update and those descriptions will be inserted into the appropriate attribute.

Are you looking at a dwg that is in the active project?

The title block update only works on dwgs that are part of the project.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank a lot.  But after filling in some LINEs (I created total 21 tags) for Project Description, then ran the Title Block Update, the title block in my drawing was not updated accordingly.  Would you know why?  All drawings created under the same project (activated).

Thanks,

Kent 

Message 4 of 6
Icemanau

OK...

When the dialog box for the Title Block Update comes up, it should show you a list of the lines and their contents.

In front of each line, there is a check box. You need to click each check box for each line you want to update.

This will tell ACADE to update those line and only those line. Once you have selected the lines to update, you can set them as the default selection for future updates. Just look for the save button and click on it.

I also took a look at the DWG you posted and the setup you have for the WD_T attribute.

You should consider changing the TITLELINE1 and TITLELINE2 from Line15 & Line16 to DD1 and DD2.

DD1 & DD2 come from the Drwing properties and can be different for each dwg whereas the Line## are for use over the entire project.

Another thing to possibly think about is to talk to your reseller about a training course. All of this should be covered within the training course and things will make a lot more sense with someone there to demonstrate and point out where you are making mistakes.

Regards Brad

>

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Once again, thank you.  Yes, I am taking the training class from Retrieve Technologies, but not as detail as I need. 

Anyway, regarding this issue, I did everything you suggested but still not seeing any data that I entered in to different LINEs in the title block.  I followed the demo steps to create the template except that I created all project values  in User Defined mode.  Now, I got stuck and hope you or somebody else can provide me more hints.

Thanks,

Kent

Message 6 of 6
Icemanau

I've possibly found the problem and replied in the other thread that you have started on Templates...

Regards Brad

>

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost