AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TITLE_BLOCK CHANGED RANDOMLY SINCE 2013

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JMARSHALL1249
452 Views, 8 Replies

TITLE_BLOCK CHANGED RANDOMLY SINCE 2013

Yet again, I have had a drawing within a project have its TITLE_BLOCK changed randomly???

Some, but not all border lines & company sysmbol are missing???

Anyone got any ideas.  I have checked the original layers and they are all turned on.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi

Can you post a copy of your dwt?

Arq. Ernesto Fraga

Montevideo - Uruguay

Message 3 of 9

Unfortunately, I no longer have a copy with the deleted lines/logo etc.  When it happens again, I will post it.

Basically, when it happens, I do a block update, and use a block stored on my desktop to correct the TITLE_BLOCK that has been changed within the drawing itself.  I have attached a copy of the original TITLE_BLOCK in the meantime.

Message 4 of 9

I have found another drawing with its TITLE_BLOCK that has been changed.  I have attached the DWG file of it.

Regards,

John.

Message 5 of 9

I have recently noticed that there are blocks stored within some of my drawings called TITLE_BLOCK0, TITLE_BLOCK1.  Does anyone know how these aget generated, and if there is any link to my drawing border errors?

Message 6 of 9
testsubject
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

I can answer the extra blocks question. Those are generated everytime you use Swap/Update block to update a block. ACE makes a copy of the original block appending a number to it and saves the updated block with the old block name. It is safe to purge them.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 7 of 9
testsubject
in reply to: testsubject

John,

I took a look at the drawing and cannot see anything that jumped out at me. I used the Title Block.dwg that you provided and had no trouble updating the block to correct the issue. This one is strange. Do you think that there is a copy of Title Block.dwg somewhere else in your system that matches what you are seeing? I would check all your folders to see if you can find one. There must be a copy somewhere with this partial titleblock.

Are you working with older prints that my have had a project wide Swap/Update applied with this corrupted titleblock?

Disgruntled ex employee??  😉

This is a tough one.

Sorry I could not help more.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 8 of 9
JMARSHALL1249
in reply to: testsubject

We only have two AE users, and no ex-users have left the company.  We have only had the problem since we updated to AE2013.  The change to the border is random.  Yesterday, I had a sheet that had only the company logo missing, but all attributes and other lines etc were intact.

It first occured with our other AE user, who is quite new to the company, and I assumed it was a user error somehow.  Now that it has happened to me, I said " I wouldn't have believed it was possible to alter the Title_block, until I saw it with my own eyes.  I am at a loss to understand how it can happen.  We have made changes to our drawing template recently, but surely this would not produce, seemingly random changes, to a random sheet or sheets within a project.

When it occurs I do a project wide block update of the Title_Block.  For some reason, I then have to purge out all Title_block0 blocks as they stop the project manager from printing off the drawings.  At least I have a solution, but it is annoying that I cannot find the cause. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Ian_Hardy
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

Hi,

I too have experienced this strange behaviour, my symptoms were identical - company logo and random lines missing from title block problems printing and updating. Problem would manifest itself on random sheets.

Is your company logo an embedded Jpeg? this seemed to be the root of my problem.

I solved my problem by creating a new title block based on one of the standard templates, creating the logo using plain text rather than a Jpeg. Since then i have not had the problem.

Regards

Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost