AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Attributes Not Showing Up

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dianamichelle33
2737 Views, 5 Replies

Title Block Attributes Not Showing Up

I've recently updated my title block to include revisions and can't get these new attributes to show up. I made the changes in my title block .dwg file and added all these attributes to my .wdt & .wdl files (lines 16 through 50 as shown):

DEFAULTWDT.png      DEFAULTWDL.png

I opened my existing drawing and did the Swap/Update Block command and updated the Project Descriptions as shown below:

DESCRIPTIONS.png

Everything appears fine and shows up correctly in the descriptions dialog box but nothing is physically showing in my title block. Did I miss something?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sonny3g
in reply to: dianamichelle33

Try adding a space on both sides of the = sign in your .wdt file only.  I have found that not having the spaces caused it not to work as expected. 

Conversely, spaces in the .wdl file will also cause problems.

Hope that helps.

scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 6
dianamichelle33
in reply to: sonny3g

Didn't work Smiley Sad thank you tho

Message 4 of 6

Also - if I double click on the title block, the attribute tags show up but the value is blank and doesn't have what's filled out in the project descriptions

EAE.png

Message 5 of 6

AHA! I'm not sure exactly which thing I did that fixed the problem, but I opened my title block file and realised I forgot to do the Title Block Setup command so I did that. Then I deleted the block completely from my drawing and reinserted it. Then I did the Update/Swap Block command and checked the box to "discard all old values" for the attributes. Then I ran the Title Block Update command and everything showed up correctly.

Message 6 of 6
sonny3g
in reply to: dianamichelle33

What I noticed in the two screen shots you provided is that the title block name was not the same in both screen shots.  The BLOCK = did not match up from what I could see.  If they are not the same it will not know what to look for and when you do the titleblock setup that makes them match.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost