AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The same scheme, different codes locations

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
galashkina
423 Views, 3 Replies

The same scheme, different codes locations

The project consists of several identical cabinets. I created a scheme for the first cabinet, the location code SHK1.
Scheme on all sheets of the project are the same, only the codes locations in the components on different sheets are different: on the second sheet SHK2, on the third sheet SHK3 etc.
What tools easiest way to create schemes for other cabinets?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can set a drawing level default installation and/or location code in Drawing Properties. That is my favorite way to do this. I have an attribute in my titleblock for Installation and another for Location, both mapped for the titleblock update.

If course uou can also useca location box to assign a new installation and/or location code to multiple devices at once. And you could export to a spreadsheet, edit with Excel, and update from spreadsheet. There are numerous ways to accomplish this. Sometimes you just use the method that makes the most sense according to where you are in the design process.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: galashkina

Easiest way that I have found is a bit of a work around as I'm not aware of an ACADE funtion to do this.

Go to Windows and copy the first panel dwg/s and change the file names to what is required for the additional panels.

Open each dwg in ACADE and start the tool that copies Installation/Location codes.

Select the Installation code and enter the code for the second panel.

Deselect the Location code. Click OK then type ALL on the command line and hit enter. This selects all blocks on the dwg.

Hit enter again to finish the selection process and let the command run to it's finished.

Save the dwg before doing anything else.

Make sure you have the correct project as the active project. Now ADD ACTIVE dwg to the project.

Rrepeat as required for any additional dwgs.

After adding the final dwg, do a Project Rebuild.

You now have a project with multiple identical panels without having to redraw each dwg.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
galashkina
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for all the help and support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost