AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The length of the cable cores

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
galashkina
264 Views, 2 Replies

The length of the cable cores

I want to manually enter the length of the cable cores and see the length of the cable cores in the report.
In which field is better to enter the length of it to appear in the report?
I chose the "Description" "line3".
Maybe there is a better option?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You could enter the length into the CNT field (i.e. 6) of the CBL parent symbol.  Then add the SUB field to the BOM by clicking on Change Report Format.  You will see QTY of 1 and SUBQTY of 6.  This of course is a length for the entire cable.

There is also a field available for a wire from/to list that you could add and enter the ength for each cable core using the Edit mode of the report generator.  The available field is named CLEN.  It stands for Calculated Length.  It is leftover field from the VIA days when they were considering some sort of automation to record a wire length based on a 2D orthogonal estimate.  It was abandoned when 3D modeling became an option.  Move the CLEN field into the report and use Edit mode to enter the lengths from a prototype build.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
galashkina
in reply to: galashkina

Thanks for the answer!
But I would like to include the length in the report "Cable from / to."
With this report work installers. They cut specified lengths and pave it in the cable - channel of component "From" to component "To".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost