AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The catalog database format is incorrect (migrating to 2015)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CAD-ICE
2637 Views, 5 Replies

The catalog database format is incorrect (migrating to 2015)

Hi there,

I can´t seem to figure out why I´m having this issue but there seems to be some problem with my catalog database.

I have made my own default_cat.mdb which is much smaller in size than the origina database that comes with ACADE. 

We use this downsized database on a networked drive in order to shorten the lookup time. Anyway this has worked fine until upgrading to ACADE2015 where I get this dialog box telling me that the database format is incorrect. I have migrated our database to 2015 format but I´m still having issues!

I´d be deeply thankful If anyone can help me out and point me to the right direction.

Regards, Gary

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

I'm pretty sure that something went wrong during the migration phase.

Copy old database to a local drive, and migrate it to a local (but different) folder using the copy (not merge) option. Have a look at the migration log-file created afterwards.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
OP21

I had a major headache when migrating to 2015... I followed this posting to check all of the column headers to conform to the "new" format.  Once this was done I was able to access the database.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-general/autocad-electrical-2015-catalog-database-er...

Hope this helps!

Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solutionand as always, "Kudos" are always appreciated!

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 4 of 6
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hello Rhesusminus,

I did as you recommended and everything went smooth Smiley Wink

Thank you for helping out.

Regards, Gary

Message 5 of 6
CAD-ICE
in reply to: OP21

Hello Omar,

I managed to solve my problem with help in the post from Rhesus Minus. Since that helped I haven´t tried your remedy.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for offering your help.

I hope I will be able to pay you back in the future.

Thank´s again and regards, Gary

Message 6 of 6
SeedyNotions

Just my two cents. I created a new LF (Line Filter) family in the catalog database and removed some columns that I "thought" I didn't need. The next catalog lookup returned that message. I went in and deleted that family tree and reinserted without removing columns and everything worked fine. Just for a heads up if anyone else has this issue.

Good Luck out there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost