AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminals and wiring connections

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
labjac
1603 Views, 10 Replies

Terminals and wiring connections

Hallo

Hope somebody can assist, I'm using autocad electrical 2014...

I tried everything to show connections on terminals, The issue is that I got a three phase supply going to terminals, then from the terminals it daisy chain between componenents, but when using the terminals editors it shows there is connections to terminals, it then adds additional terminals to my project which is not correct. can somebody please let me kow where I'm going wrong.

TerminalStrip.pngSource.pngDestination.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rhesusminus
in reply to: labjac

Seems like there's some duplicate terminals that's connected to =HOT WATER+CON-01-Q112.
What do you find if you trace the connections from this component?

Also... Have you tried to rebuild the project database, using the AEREBUIKDDB command?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 11
labjac
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hallo

Thanks, I've done the rebuild as per your suggestion, but still didn't solve the problem, maybe I'm missing some information regarding the source destination and terminal connections, I've done the data trace and it doesn't seem to be connected, I also took a snapshot of the Q112 that you can see don't have any terminals, how does autocad decide if the wire is connected to terminals or to components? (As you see this is not connected to a terminal)...

Q112_Network.png

Message 4 of 11
labjac

Hallo

OK below is the wire connection sequence, I'm not to sure what I'm looking at, but at the end the only connection to Q112 should be the circuit left of it and the next page Q131, so assume I'm doing something very wrong... Can you please explain just how autocad decide on either components or terminals?

Below what does the second box showing? (Direct-toTerminal secondary Sequence)?

Regards,WireConnections.png

Message 5 of 11
rhesusminus

You should try to daisy chain the signals as well. Destination signals at the top left of these drawings, and send them on to the next page using a source signal at the top right. AcadE adds another terminal when there are more wires connected to the terminal than the terminal properties says it have room for.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 11
labjac

Hallo

Thanks for all the assistance this far...

OK, i've changed as per your suggestion and also done a project rebuild, I extracted a couple of pictures from the project, it should be easier t understand the circuits in more detail now... The issue is that the circuit on page 010 is connected to between MCB Breaker and to the terminal, then the Fuse connections is also directly under the breaker directly to the fuse, but for some reason autocad still thinks there is a connection between the fuses to the terminals, which is not correct, but I hope the picutres will explain a bit better?

Supply.pngMotor_0.pngMotor_1.pngMotor_2.pngMotor_3.pngTerminalEditor.png

Message 7 of 11
rhesusminus

What codes are you using for the signals?

Are they unique for each source/destination pair?

It's hard for me to say what it is without having a closer look.

If you are able to zip it up and mail it to me, I'll take a look. (thl @ ctrlaltel.com) (remove spaces)

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 11
labjac

Hallo

As per our discussion, please find source and destination project in folder, please let me know if this is OK or do you need anything else.

I tried a attachement but file just over 7mb, please find link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7r1S9YLTX85alkzZ2lkUC1KYmM/view?usp=sharing (Folder called Lasher_990064)

Thanks for the effort

Message 9 of 11
rhesusminus

First of all, nice drawings!

The "problem" here, are the usage of the "dots" at the wire tees. When AcadE trace the connections from the terminal, and reach a "dot", it will sometimes go this way, sometimes that way, and that is what's happening here:

2014-12-22_09-20-27.png

To fix this, theres a couple of things you can do.

1. Use angeled Wire-Tees. AcadE will try to respect what YOU decide should be the order of connection.
    2014-12-22_09-31-59.png
  2. Use the wire sequencing tool to change the connection order. Right click on a wire, and choose Wire Sequence -> Edit Wire Sequence:
    2014-12-22_09-34-01.png
    In the dialog that appears, use the move up/down to set the correct order. In this case, put the terminal on top. Then press OK-New.
    2014-12-22_09-36-44.png

If you now take a look at the TSE, it should look like you want it to:

2014-12-22_09-38-47.png

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 11
labjac

Hallo

Thanks a million for all you effort in assisting.

I'm going to try the wire trees instead of the dot, will give you feedback soon..

Thanks for the compliment on the drawings, this is the first time I'm using electrical and this the reason for the questions.

Best Regards,

Message 11 of 11
labjac

Hallo

Thanks for the assistance, after our conversation I just played around with the wire sequence, not perfect but at the end it shows on the terminals what I want to display, I'm not to concerned about the cable to and from report, at least at the end I know if I want to have it perfect I need to change the dot tree connections. for now I'm good.

Thanks a lot...

I got another question regarding creating panel symbols and include in icon menu.. but will start another thread.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost