AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Types for PLC creation in AutoCAD Electrical 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
J_Thazhch_777
941 Views, 1 Reply

Terminal Types for PLC creation in AutoCAD Electrical 2012

Hi

I have been trying to create a custom PLC using the PLC Database Editor. The PLC has Analog Inputs, Outputs, Digital Inputs, Ouputs and a 3 phase voltage monitor.

I was sucessful enough until creating all the 5 modules for the above IO modules and forming them into a full PLC in a drawing with the title starting with PLCIO, so that i can inport the block using the full PLC import tool.

But I am not getting the terminal types correct and are making a lot of issues when wiring up the PLC full unit. I was thinking about all the modules with their pins on the right side and wired from the right.

Now which terminal type should i be selecting for the IOs of each module - Ouput I/O point wire Right from right, or Input I/O Address wire right and left, Terminal wire from right, etc. I cant find which one is used for which.

Also after forming the full PLC and inserting it in my drawing, i cannot access the terminals that much as a PLC parametric insertion. Any comments would be nice.

And is it possible to create a PLC with all the modules facing the right or the left, be it Digital or Analog or Input or Ouput.

Thanks a lot for the support.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: J_Thazhch_777

I had the same problem.  In order to make my drawings cleaner, I wanted an Input card that had some of the terminals pointing right, and some left.  I played with it for a while, and discovered that in thePLD database editor, under Settings, you can change the block that is associated with each terminal category.

term.JPG

This still didn't do what I wanted it to do, so I opened the terminal drawing files, did a saveas to a new name, modified them to force them to do what I wanted, and then assigned them to a terminal type.  Result is a completely (probably weird) module that does what I want it to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost