AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal strips disappearance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Nata_ly
436 Views, 2 Replies

Terminal strips disappearance

Hello, I have some problems with spontaneous disappearance of the terminal strips from the panel layout.
My project has the following composition: (I think the problem has some relation with this).
- Schemes Folder: Drawing 1,
                              Drawing 2,
                              Drawing 3
- Footprints Folder: Layout for drawing 1
                                Layout  for drawing 2
                                Layout for drawing 3

To distinguish between duplicate items, I assign them different location codes (1, 2 or 3).
And so, after I’ve already built the 1st layout and started the 2nd, I found that some terminal strips from the 1st random gone. The same thing happened with the 2nd footprint, while constructing the third. Several times I’ve corrected layouts, but terminal strips continue to disappear.
What's going on? I'm sure I use different terminals, and I disclaim all updates from all the elements and the relationships between the same terminals. So, schemes or layouts are independent.
Able to establish only that they disappear when the other terminal strip inserts and when I work with data located on a network share.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Nata_ly

As a test, use the command to set all the loc & inst attributes to the setting for each of the dwgs.

Go to the first dwg, start the command (not sure where it's located with the ribbon as I use toolbars only and turn the ribbon off), and then make sure both the location and inst check boxes are ticked.

Make sure the inst and loc values are correct before click on 'OK'. Now type 'ALL' and hit enter. This will select everything on the dwg. Finally hit enter again to run the command.

Do the same for the other two schematics and then try inserting the same strip on two different layout dwgs. With any luck, your problem should be fixed.

If your problem is still present, check your project settings to make sure the INST and LOC codes are being formatted into the component tag. Now compare settings for all three schematics to make sure they match the project settings.

Finally, try running the 'IEC Tag Mode - Update' located in the projects menu. This will freshen all the tags depending on your settings. If you changed the settings part way through the drawing process, some of your tags and terminals may not have the inst/loc values formatted into the tag.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 3
Nata_ly
in reply to: Icemanau

Sorry for not answer for a long time. First of all, thanks for such detailed instructions!
But, in spite of the fact I’ve spent a lot of time checking all the possible options - it's like to no avail.
For example, there is the terminal strip XT3-2 on layout  41 and layout  40. All elements of layout 40 and schematic 40 have location and inst value ‘40’. And the same with the dwgs 41. But as soon as I put XT3-2 (40) on  layout  40 -  XT3-2 (41) drops from layout  41 . And sometimes text appears in the command line:
, Error: Exception: 0xC0000005 (access violation)

(; ошибка: Возникло исключение: 0xC0000005 (Нарушение доступа))
What does this mean?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost