AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Strip Oddity?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cbenner
438 Views, 3 Replies

Terminal Strip Oddity?

Still getting the hang of this... and it wouldn't hurt if I knew more about controls in general... but;

I have a terminal strip I built from my schematic with about 12 terminals in it.  Added 4 accessories; 3 Relays and a Breaker.  I inserted it into my panel layout and everything looked good.  Then I went back into the T strip editor for more work... the 4 accessories now each show up as individual T strips available for editing, instead of staying with the strip I added them to.  I've never seen this before, and I assume I did somehting goofy... any idea what I might have done?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: cbenner

Chris,

I am not sure why you are seeing what you are seeing.

I typically would insert the relays and breakers independently of the terminal strip. I do this using Schematic List. This then keeps track of all the components that have been inserted so far letting me know if I forgot any.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: testsubject

Thanks Bob,

This is what I started doing after I started to see this behavior.... I think if I did this every day instead of about once every 6 weeks, I'd get better at it!  😄

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

I have seen this a few times before.

In the few cases I have seen, it was how the symbol was authored.

Instead on creating the the symbol as a "Panel Terminal" the symbols were created as Horizontal terminals, or Vertical terminals (both horizontal, and vertical are for Schematics).

For the Terminal Strip Editor the terminal blocks should be authored as Panel Terminals.

I have also seen this happen when the symbol has errors (normally its missing an attribute, but is still a panel term).

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost