AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Strip Help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Nitro
148 Views, 1 Reply

Terminal Strip Help

I am using an 18 terminal strip in 2 ways. #1 I created a symbol block with terminals 1-18. This is a 24v bus so I tied a wire from term 1 to 18 so that all wires exiting the strip generate the same wire number. How can I do this without the wire tie wire? #2 The same 18 term strip is shown on many different sheets of my drawing. I created a block showing one terminal. The first instance placed is a Parent and all others are children. The problem with this is that the wire I used to tie them all together shows up on the from-to list. (This is the internal jumper.) The second problem is the BOM shows Qty 18 instead of the actual Qty1. Any hints on how to show terminal strips and have the BOM and from-to list accurate?
Tim
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Nitro

#1: Use the Component Misc/Internal Jumper command. #2: Did you put a CAT attribute on the child blocks? "Nitro" wrote in message news:13085390.1088100361463.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > I am using an 18 terminal strip in 2 ways. #1 I created a symbol block with terminals 1-18. This is a 24v bus so I tied a wire from term 1 to 18 so that all wires exiting the strip generate the same wire number. How can I do this without the wire tie wire? #2 The same 18 term strip is shown on many different sheets of my drawing. I created a block showing one terminal. The first instance placed is a Parent and all others are children. The problem with this is that the wire I used to tie them all together shows up on the from-to list. (This is the internal jumper.) The second problem is the BOM shows Qty 18 instead of the actual Qty1. Any hints on how to show terminal strips and have the BOM and from-to list accurate? > Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost