AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Strip Editor rebuilding a rotated strip

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wolfsburged
621 Views, 3 Replies

Terminal Strip Editor rebuilding a rotated strip

If I use the terminal block editor to insert the footprints on a panel layout and I then rotate them from vertical to horizontal, if I change the strip and "rebuild" it always springs back to its vertical layout. Is it possible to have it not do this?

Also when I build my strips I use nothing (rather than %W) for my annotation so that I don't generate wire numbers on either side. I'd also like to not have the terminal number drawn in the middle. Is there a way to tell it to automatically suppress the TERM attribute on the footprint generated from the strip editor rather than change every footprint drawing for every possible terminal I use? I can delete the terminal number in the table but it deletes it from the linked schematic as well, which is not what I want.

Thanks,

Bill

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jalger
in reply to: wolfsburged

Hi Bill,

Not sure what you can do for the second issue, I guess you could do a window hide and select the "TERM" Attribute.

The first Issue can be resolved (or should be Resolved) by changing the value for "Angle on Insert" to 90, after that everytime you edit the strip the 90 should return the strip to the vertical (you may have to click on update).

If you need a Screenshot, or more info Please let me know.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 4
wolfsburged
in reply to: jalger

Thanks. I end up usually doing a Hide Attribute (Window/Multiple) to hide everything, just was seeing if there was a way to save those keystrokes.

I somehow totally overlooked the Angle on Insert field. That is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: wolfsburged

For the rotated terminal strip, there is the option to set the rotation when you insert the strip.

After that, when you do a rebuild, it uses that rotation.

TermRot.JPG

I've marked to box you need to change. 90 degrees rotates anti-clockwise, while 270 degrees rotates clockwise.

You can also change the rotation of an inserted strip using this and then rebuild, if the client changes their mind.

As for the TERM attribute, as long as you have the strip on a seperate dwg, you can turn OFF the TERM layer.

Regards Brad 

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost