AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal STrip Block Attributes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Hedivan
272 Views, 4 Replies

Terminal STrip Block Attributes

When I insert terminal strips some off the attributes are showing as visible, when in the block file they are set to invisible.
Why is this happening?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sven_kloeck
in reply to: Hedivan

If you insert a block, AutoCAD will first look at the block definition in the drawing. If the block definition doesn't exist in the drawing, it will insert it from the directory of electrical. So probably there is an old definition in the drawing. Do an swap/update block -> update block. Then select the block. It will probably ask for the location of the new block which probably is Lib\panel.
Alternatively, delete all those terminal strip blocks. Type purge and purge that terminal strip block. Then insert it again.
If you already did this and it didn't work, attach the drawing so the people here can take a look at it

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 3 of 5
Hedivan

When I closed AutoCAD and re-opened the drawing the attributes where no longer visible, I didn't change a thing.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

This may or may not explain it... there is a generic AutoCAD system variable
that controls attribute visibility. This is ATTMODE and should be set to a
value of 1 for most circumstances. Type ATTMODE at your command line and
make sure it's set to 1.

wrote in message news:5471804@discussion.autodesk.com...
When I closed AutoCAD and re-opened the drawing the attributes where no
longer visible, I didn't change a thing.
Message 5 of 5
Hedivan

Yeah that was the problem, I thought that command was only used to view the WD_M and the WD_PNLM block, but I guess all the command does is make invisible attributes visible.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost