AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TERMINAL RETAG

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dianamichelle33
632 Views, 1 Reply

TERMINAL RETAG

Is there a way to retag all of my terminals throughout the entire project? I've used the "Square with Terminal Number" symbol and want all of the terminal numbers to be sequential per each Tagstrip. I have for example a Tagstrip named "TBR" and there are 20 or so of those, then a Tagstrip named "TBSCR" with 12 of those, etc. I want the TBR to be sequential 1-20 and TBSCR to also be sequential 1-12. Is there a way to do this project-wide or do I have to manually renumber them?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: dianamichelle33

There are four different options to renumber terminals within a project.

Look under the terminal section within the components tab.

The options are

Project wide Terminal renumber of the tagstrip you select. This one will renumber from 1 to the end sequentially through the dwgs.

Pick mode renumber of terminals and can affect different tagstrips, so be careful when using this one. You select the starting number and as you click on terminals, it uses that number then increments to the next automatically.

Terminal renumber from a file. This uses an external file to do the renumber but I have never used it so can't give any hints on it.

Manual Pick mode renumber of terminals. This brings up a dialog box that allows you to re-arrange terminals in the sequence as well as renumber them.

I mainly use the Pick mode and have used the project wide one a couple of times.

All I can suggest is to check out each option and choose the one that suits what you need to do.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost