AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

mhellx
Message 1 of 2 (222 Views)

Terminal Plan with cable shield problem

222 Views, 1 Replies
10-24-2012 02:33 AM

Hi all,

I am using terminal strip editor to create a tabular terminal strip table.

Under the columns are loc1, comp1, pin, cable1, conductor1, terminal, jumper, conductor2, cable2, pin2, comp2, loc2

The connection is cable shield is only terminated at junction box and not in the field instruments.

connection is comp1 to JB to comp2 (field instrument to JB to "still unconnected")

Since the shield is not terminated at the field instrument, my problem is the cable name is acting as the component and it is the one showing in the table column comp1 as well as in the cable1 field.

Anyone knows any work around to keep the comp1 blank for unconnected shield?

TIA

*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 2 of 2 (153 Views)

Re: Terminal Plan with cable shield problem

10-29-2012 07:04 AM in reply to: mhellx

What version of AcadE are you running? I'm not able to reproduce this in AcadE 2013. Can you post a DWG with the problem here?

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.