AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Editor problems

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
MTSII
752 Views, 8 Replies

Terminal Editor problems

I have a drawing set comprising 150 drawings representing 3 distinct control panels. Terminals used in the schematic are Tag-stripped ST1, ST2 and ST3 respectively (Panel location identification).

Sheet 180 is panel layout for Station 1, sheet 290 Station 2 and sheet 380 for Station 3.

If I open Terminal Editor (in sheet 290) and edit ST2 terminal strip, everything goes well and I insert into the drawing. Next, I go to Sheet 180 to insert ST1 terminal strip, again everything goes well and the strip is inserted. But, the terminal strip previusly generated in sheet 290 has been changed, 90% of the terminals previously shown are now missing. Also, the association to page 290 for all ST2 terminals has been removed, now associates ST2 terminals with sheet 180. How can I place the 3 different terminal strips on 3 different sheets without effecting the others?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bholle
in reply to: MTSII

When creating your schematic to create your terminal strip, did you copy the scheme from your ST1 to ST2 and so on?

Message 3 of 9
MTSII
in reply to: bholle

Thanks for the reply but I am not sure what you mean by "copying the scheme"? Could you elaborate?

I open the Terminal Strip Selection, select the strip ST2 to edit and insert the result into the drawing. I following the same procedure for ST1 when in another drawing sheet and it alters the already placed ST2.

Message 4 of 9
Icemanau

That normally happens when the terminals are given the same number/location/installation.

Are you using the IEC combined tag mode? To do what you are trying, you need to use this, and then insert the LOC and INST data into the tags.

ACAD then see's the terminals as different items and you shouldn't get this problem.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
MTSII
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad,

Thanks for the info. One more thing, The Tag Strips are different ST1, ST2, ST3 etc. Do the LOC and INSTALL have to be totally unique? Could you have LOC as STATION 1, STATION 2 etc, and INSTALL both as PANEL or do all three attributes have to be unique i.e. INSTALL as PANEL 1, PANEL 2 etc?

I am going through them now but wanted to check before I get too far as there is no easy way to re-map everything if they all need to be unique.

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
Icemanau

No, The LOC and INST values don't have to be totally unique....

You may have INST as the overall project or a particular panel.

The LOC could be the panel number or location within that panel.

It's all up to you and the values can be used in more than one item.

For example, I use a Project name as part of the title block, The INST is the panel number/type and the LOC is the location within that panel.

This gives me a tag simialr to  =INC+GPB-X4 which stands for Incomer-Panel-Rear Gear Plate-Terminal Strip X4.

As each panel type has it's own X4 terminal strip, it allows me to differentiate between them. Especially when it comes to interpanel wiring.

In your case I would use the INST as the panel number, the LOC as the sheet and finally the Strip ID.

To answer an ealier query of yours about copying the scheme which Bholle brought up, He was referring to copying the schematics (or part of them). This would give the terminals the same data to start with and if you did not select 'Yes' when asked if you wanted to update the data,you would have terminals on two dwgs that are linked in the project database.

To get around this you need to go through and check each terminal has the corrct data regarding it's INST, LOC and Strip ID, then shut down ACADE, find the project databse file and delete it. Now restart ACADE and open the project. ACADE will rebuild the databse with clean data from the dwgs

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
vladop

Schematic and Panel terminals are associated by LINKTERM attribute (or VIA_WD_LINKTERM xdata if attribute is missing; use AEXDATA command to edit xdata).

When you insert schematic terminal, ACADE will assign unique LINKTERM value.

If this terminal is copied with plain ACAD command (or the whole drawing is copied) we have two terminals with the same LINKTERM value and for ACADE they are one multi-level terminal, even that TAG, LOC, INST for copied terminal are changed.

Now, when panel terminal is inserted it is linked to both schematic terminals. For ACADE they are single multi-level terminal, and because every terminal can have only one panel representation, ST1 block is replaced with ST2 block.

So, check if LINKTERM attribute values (or VIA_WD_LINKTERM xdata) for SCHEMATIC terminals whose panel terminals are missing are duplicated in ST1 and ST2 terminal strip.

I hope this will help

Message 8 of 9
bholle
in reply to: vladop

yes vladop, this was what i was getting at.  I ran into this issue when i was doing testing in ACADE for our company, i would run the circuit builder i had created and then i tried to just copy it and run TSE.  i would end up with some terminals disappearing from the first strip that i put on the sheet.

Message 9 of 9
vladop
in reply to: bholle

Sometimes ACADE asks what to do.

To get this dialog I right-clicked drawing 004.dwg in IEC60617Demo project (select any drawing with terminals), chose Copy To... and renamed new drawing to 1004.dwg.

Terminal association value is another name for LINKTERM value. To avoid problems click Yes.

Terminal association.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost