AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Blocks - Strips - Delete Component Problem(s)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ericp-theelf
464 Views, 3 Replies

Terminal Blocks - Strips - Delete Component Problem(s)

ACADE 2010 64 bit, Win XP

First, I am relatively new to ACADE, but did attend Autodesk ACADE Training.

I have a sample schematic and inserted 5 terminal blocks. I opened the Terminal Strip Editor and it informed me, correctly, that I had 5 terminal blocks. I inserted 3 Spares. Now when I go in the editor, it informs me that I have 8 terminal blocks. So far, So good. This is where things get weird. I use the ACADE Delete Component command and remove one terminal block. I go into the editor and it still informs me that I have 8 terminal blocks, but now, one is blank. I delete all terminal blocks using the ACADE Delete Component command and the T Strip Editor still tells me I have 8 terminal blocks, 3 Spares and 5 blanks. Why does ACADE still see the deleted Terminal Blocks? Please help me understand what I need to do to have it update so the deleted terminal blocks do not appear in the Editor?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ericp-theelf
in reply to: ericp-theelf

I have found that some drawings have the problem, won't update, but newer ones seem to update okay.
Message 3 of 4
hanchris

About your first problem about Deleted components, the one thing I would suggest is close down AutoCAD and delete the Project scratch database. It normally works for me, when I have ghost components.
Message 4 of 4
tang_sai

I currently have the same issue with AE2017. When adding the terminals in schematic, it detects in the TSE; but when deleting it, it doesn't pickup in the TSE. As long as the panel terminals are there, the delete wouldn't get updated, so I have to manually delete that strip, and the TSE will detect the new changes. It only happens on deleting, not adding component, just wondering how the previous issue get solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost