AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mgoolsby75
770 Views, 5 Replies

Terminal Block

Hello All,

Once again I need help with understanding parent, children, and family. What is a terminal block considered and when creating a terminal block with attributes, how do I go about labeling it? parent, child, or just vertical or horizontal terminal? I come from an Architectural background, so please go easy on me!!!lol

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhomeier
in reply to: mgoolsby75

I understand.  There's a lot details to try to wrap your head around. A user class is a good way to get started, but didn't always go into the detail I needed to understand what was really going on.  It's designed for basic users...not engineers that need to know the how and why of everything.Smiley Happy

I've been using the online Wiki User Manual quite a bit as well as the knowledge base.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2011/Help/User's_Guide

Attached are some topics I've downloaded that might help.

I don't believe terminals have parent/child relationships.  The naming convention just covers the first 3 characters...Horizontal or Vertical, does the wire # change (1) or not (0), and are there attributes associated (0) or is it a dumb terminal (_). 

Good luck.

Rick

Message 3 of 6
Matt116
in reply to: mgoolsby75

What version of electrical are you using?  I think you'll get more help letting people know what version your using as some menus and symbol libraires have changed.

Are you refering to a for example. Symbol Name: HT1001  This is a square terminal with wire number change.

I'm not sure that you would label a terminal as parent or child its just a terminal.

When you insert a terminal from the Icon menu it should open the Edit Terminal Symbol window from there you can then assign the values according to your project.  Unless you insert the terminal symbols labled "square" "circle" "diamond" "triangle" these do not call or open the Edit Terminal Symbol window.

Hope this helps.

O-yea I'm using Acade 2011

Message 4 of 6
mgoolsby75
in reply to: Matt116

Thanks for the input. I am slowly learning this program on my own and from myigetit.com, which gives basic understanding and design principles to someone like me, who knows absolutely nothing when it comes to designing electrical schematics, panels, etc. So not only am I learning this program, but I am also learning the termonolgy associated with Autocad Electrical 2011. But I was fortunate to land this position with an Architectural background and I am very blessed to finally be working after a 2 year "vacation!!!"

Message 5 of 6
mgoolsby75
in reply to: rhomeier

Thank you very much for the information. I think this will help me better understand how ACE works and their termonolgy as well. Have a great rest of the week!!!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Matt116
in reply to: rhomeier

Good info Rick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost