AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Block update

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rvargas
209 Views, 4 Replies

Terminal Block update

Hi,
I assigned an id name to some terminals. Now i want to change this id name with a new one. Is there better way to do this instead of going terminal by terminal? Probably say like a excel file where i can run a find and replace operation of the previous id name to the new one.

Thank you,
Robert
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MartinLee
in reply to: rvargas

Robert,

If your ID name is unique enough, you can use the standard AutoCAD find/replace utility Go to the Edit pull-down, then at the bottom select Find. . . This will change the text string you enter, whether it is an attribute or plain text. And you can select the entire drawing or specific objects.

Martin
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

There is also a project-wide function for this. Electrical / Component Misc / "Find / Edit / Replace" "MartinLee" wrote in message news:9152749.1097238788281.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Robert, > > If your ID name is unique enough, you can use the standard AutoCAD find/replace utility Go to the Edit pull-down, then at the bottom select Find. . . This will change the text string you enter, whether it is an attribute or plain text. And you can select the entire drawing or specific objects. > > Martin
Message 4 of 5
miros

If I understand good your question,
I think I have great solution for you.

Activate Terminal Strip Editor,
than select the terminal you want to change, and click Edit.
Select the Terminals you want to edit
(just hold down left mouse button and drag down),
after that you should click Reassign and give new name you want.
After that answer with OK few times, and that's it.

I hope I answer the right thing.
Miros
Message 5 of 5
dougmcalexander

If you are not using terminal strip editor, the most powerful toll you have available is a spreadsheet export of terminals only. Then open with Excel and do a find/replace, copy, etc. of terminal ID's. Go back to ACE and run spreadsheet import retag and your terminal ID's will be updated.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost