AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Block Question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stosh414sl
372 Views, 2 Replies

Terminal Block Question

I am trying to find the proper way to show terminal blocks in the drawing. I use the same terminal block sometimes in more then 1 location, but cant seem to get them to fully associate in the terminal strip editer. So when I build the graphic detail, it comes up as 2 distinct terminal blocks. Here are pdfs of what is happening and what I am after.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drathak
in reply to: stosh414sl

@stosh414sl wrote:

I am trying to find the proper way to show terminal blocks in the drawing. I use the same terminal block sometimes in more then 1 location, but cant seem to get them to fully associate in the terminal strip editer. So when I build the graphic detail, it comes up as 2 distinct terminal blocks. Here are pdfs of what is happening and what I am after.

Thanks!

The proper way, according to how ACADE works, is to only show the terminal once in your schematic.  But I have seen a lot of people wanting to do it the way you are.  What you'll need to do is have the second wire leaving the terminal going to K1201 or into a signal source, then go from the paired signal destination into K1201.  (See attached sketch.)

Hope this helps.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: drathak

Also, you can create your own destination signal symbol, that looks like a terminal.

You can supress the cross reference attributes and have attributes to display the terminal tag and number.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost