AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Block Jumpers and Wire Bridges

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3772 Views, 3 Replies

Terminal Block Jumpers and Wire Bridges

Is there any way to indicate that an electrical connection is a jumper
across terminal blocks? I need to use metalic bars in order to bring
polarities to a group of devices, and I need it o be shown in the terminal
blocks report and to be excluded from the wiring lists.

Any idea?

--
Alfredo Arteaga
Grupo de Asesores Técnicos, C.A.

Phone: +58 (212) 241 4371
Mobile: +58 (412) 371 6741
E-Mail: arteaga@gateca.net
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a wire layer called JumperBar that I use in the schematic to connect all terminals that are jumpered. I am referring to DIN style terminals that get a metal jumper bar installed with a screw kit that effectively creates a bus. I use the HT0002 terminal symbol which maintains the same potential (wire) number for all terminals. The wires that connect terminals to one another are assigned to the layer called JumperBar, which ACADE knows to ignore in the From/To list. It will not show up in the list because it is a jumper. But the JumperBar layer still gets processed as a logical line (wire) thus passing potential. In panel layout mode I insert my terminals using the terminal list function instead of the Terminal Strip Editor. It places down the terminals automatically, complete with wire number, Strip ID, terminal number, MFG, CAT, etc. I then insert a appropriate jumper bar footprint that I made. I have a footprint for 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10 point jumper bars. Each are "smart" so the carry MFG, CAT, ITEM number, etc.

Attached is a terminal strip with jumper bars that was inserted automatically with AcadE. The Wire Connections Annotation feature was used to add the wire numbers next to the terminal blocks.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
chasn.forever
in reply to: Anonymous

I have been trying to incorporate the way that you do jumpers as you describe on your tips and tricks. A couple of difficulties I am having with it is that acade does not automatically label the jumper as "jumper" instead the defined wire typr jumper still gets tagged with a wire number. I tried to modify this in the exclude layer list in the project properties and was able to get the wire labeled jumper, however, I cannot get rid of the suffix after it for the life of me. Know of any way to remedy this? Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: chasn.forever

I found that you do not necessarily want to get rid of the wire number from the jumperbar. For example, If you bring a wire to a terminal, then connect said terminal to another terminal via a jumper bar and then from the second terminal you add a new wire, you would want the wire number to be there. I ended up just using Hide Attribute" if the wire number appeared on a jumperbar.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost