AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terminal block footprint symbols

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
susanjudd5274
687 Views, 1 Reply

terminal block footprint symbols

Can someone tell me how to build a footprint symbol for a panel layout for an 18 pole terminal strip? I have tried multiple times to use the terminal strip editor and other tools in Autocad Electrical 2009, but nothing seems to work. I've read the "Overview of non-schematic attributes" on terminal block footprint symbols, but I can't seem to get it to work. We use terminals on din rails, which works fine, but we also use pre-molded strips that have various terminal points. Autocad Electrical doesn't seem to tackle this scenario very well.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The Terminal Strip Editor is used to piece together all the separate DIN mount terminal blocks into a single graphical or tabular strip. It will not create a footprint. It calls up footprints itself from the footprint_lookup.mdb. If you have device that is one block with multiple points, that happenes to be applied as a terminal strip, just create a standard footprint using the Symbol Builder. That type of symbol would be handled like a circuit board with a terminal strip mounted on it. Just draft a rectangle in the basic shape of the devce and add attributes. It should work fine. You can even add wire connection attributes so your wire information can be annotated from the schematic. This is an option in Symbol Builder.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost