AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Block Auto-generated Drawing file sizes

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
STEVENAR
727 Views, 8 Replies

Terminal Block Auto-generated Drawing file sizes

Hi,

I auto-generate my terminal block arrangement drawings in my control panel from the schematics. However I have an issue with the drawing file sizes thus I am having difficullty printing and creating pdf's of the drawings. Can someone advise how to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
afutterer
in reply to: STEVENAR

Hi STEVENAR.  Can you post the drawing so I can take a look.  I am not sure I understand the issue completely.  Is it that the file is too large, or that the drawing is too large???  Thanks.

Message 3 of 9
STEVENAR
in reply to: afutterer

Hi,

Sorry I have taken so long to get back to you. My drawing is simply just a block of terminals linked to schematic drawings. These drawings are the only drawings from my drawing pack that are auto-generated by AutoCAD 2013. They seem to be a reasonable dwg.file size around 300KB but when the drawings are converted to pdf the file size increases to Megabytes which creates problems when I try to print and try to open and read the drawing on screen. I have even tried saving one of these drawings outwith the project just in case the drawings are peforming some other functions, ie. database look-up functions thus taking up additional memory. However this did not make any difference. I can post a drawing if this is still unclear.

Thanks again in advance.

Message 4 of 9
rhesusminus

Do this apply to ALL drawing sheets, or only the ones with the terminal strip graphically?

It could be something "wrong" with the symbols. Wipeout objects?

If you could post a dwg I'll take a look.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 9
STEVENAR
in reply to: rhesusminus

This applies only to the drawings with the terminal strips. Do you need a project or is the drawing enough for you to look at?

Message 6 of 9
rhesusminus

Sounds like the problem is with this one drawing, so it should be enough if you post that one file.

If you don't want to post it here you can always e-mail me at lietro@hotmail.com

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 9
STEVENAR

See drawing attached.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
rhesusminus

Hmm... I don't have Adobe Acrobat installed, but using the standard "Acade DWG to PDF.pc3" i got the attached result, 80 Kb in size.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 9 of 9
STEVENAR

I just used "ACADE DWG to PDF.pc3 to convert to pdf and reduced the file size to 65KB. I will used this method. Thank very much for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost