AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terminal association confusion

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
robbm2k
399 Views, 1 Reply

terminal association confusion

I typically use AB 1492-L3 and 1492-L3Q terminals and want to associate them or whatever's needed to try and accurately track how many terminals i need. The L3 terminals have 2 wire openings total (1 per side), and the L3Q terminals have 4 total (2 per side). I'd like for ACADE to be able to figure out how many terminals I need, based on the number wire connections (with dots) and terminals with a given wire number used throughout the project. It seems that if I'm using the L3Q terminals, I would configure the terminal block properties as 2 levels with 2 wire connections for each level, and that the levels should be jumpered together. It seems I can only associate 1 termination per level though, does that make sense? If I want to be able to terminate 4 wires per terminal (since it has 4 wire termination points), do I have to list the L3Q terminal as a 4 level terminal, with all levels jumpered together?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
robbm2k
in reply to: robbm2k

just bumping this in case anyone has suggestions...

i saw other posts that use 4 levels for a 1492-L3Q terminal with 1 wire connection per level, but I'm not sure how to check that the Terminal Strip Editor is correctly catching all the connections the DOT is making when it connects a wire to a common ladder bus.

thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost