AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
iomaxx
Message 1 of 2 (231 Views)

terminal association confusion

231 Views, 1 Replies
12-18-2012 01:04 PM

I typically use AB 1492-L3 and 1492-L3Q terminals and want to associate them or whatever's needed to try and accurately track how many terminals i need. The L3 terminals have 2 wire openings total (1 per side), and the L3Q terminals have 4 total (2 per side). I'd like for ACADE to be able to figure out how many terminals I need, based on the number wire connections (with dots) and terminals with a given wire number used throughout the project. It seems that if I'm using the L3Q terminals, I would configure the terminal block properties as 2 levels with 2 wire connections for each level, and that the levels should be jumpered together. It seems I can only associate 1 termination per level though, does that make sense? If I want to be able to terminate 4 wires per terminal (since it has 4 wire termination points), do I have to list the L3Q terminal as a 4 level terminal, with all levels jumpered together?

Distinguished Contributor
iomaxx
Message 2 of 2 (121 Views)

Re: terminal association confusion

01-21-2013 07:14 AM in reply to: iomaxx

just bumping this in case anyone has suggestions...

i saw other posts that use 4 levels for a 1492-L3Q terminal with 1 wire connection per level, but I'm not sure how to check that the Terminal Strip Editor is correctly catching all the connections the DOT is making when it connects a wire to a common ladder bus.

thoughts?

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.