AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal ACE-Inventor

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TobiasZetterberg2067
1152 Views, 6 Replies

Terminal ACE-Inventor

Hello!
I have been working with Inventor for many years an are now trying to use ACE to make electrical drawings and get use for the interoperability of ACE-Inventor. I am also new to electrical drawings.
The problem I ran into is when I have schematic terminals (see attached pic) with different wires attached to both ends and try to export those to Inventor. 

The schematic terminal seems to only accept one pin (number) while the Inventor (3D) terminal model (see attached pic) has two pins which ends up with that all automatic wiring connects to only one side of the terminal after importing the XML-file (import harness data).

I have tried to edit the correct pins to PinL and PinR properties of the terminals without any effect.

Can the terminals only have one pin?

Should two terminals represent one physical terminal? If so, how do I connect the terminals without getting a wire between them?

Have I missed something or should I do this in another way?

/Br T

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Update

I think the problem is that ACE ignore the PinL and PinR properties for the terminal.

The pin-labels does not show up in the scheme and has no effect when exported/imported to Inventor Harness. 

I have also tried to specify the component by "Catalog lookup" and choose "Weidmüller WTR 2.5" but still no pin assignment.

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

/Br T

Message 3 of 7

Hi.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies within Inventor. I don't belive Inventor support multiple pins with the same pin number, and as AcadE sees it, all wires are connected to the same "pin number" on a terminal.

The communication between AcadE and Inventor is basically only working well with cable harnesses, i.e. external wiring going between "locations" in your inventor model.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 7

I solved this by using the block attributes "X1TERM01-04". The export to Inventor then worked just fine with the assigned pin numbers.

I also ran into problems with the "1-phase power supply"-symbol in the IEC-libraries. The pin "TERM04", which is set to "+" by default, is not set as a wire connection pin (which can be seen by opening it in symbol builder). 

This resulted in that the pin at export was assigned a number "01-06" instead.

After copying and adding the TERM04 pin everything worked out fine.

/Br T

Message 5 of 7

I ask to explain what it is and where you have changed? How and where you have changed attributes?

Thank U!
Message 6 of 7
ermolov-s
in reply to: ermolov-s

And another question: if the terminal block many of the same terminal but with different numbers of connections. For example, a terminal block 5 terminals Phoenix Contact ST 2,5 with numbers from 1 to 5. In the library of 3D models of electrical components Inventor, you can add an element to a specific designation of the connection point. In this case, the wiring can not be performed because all terminals will be labeled with the same connection point.
Message 7 of 7
Pawan89Bhat
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi Trond,

Has their been any update to this question since 2012? I am using ACE2020.

- I have the Weidmüller WTR 2.5 in my Catalog DB.

- I have an IPT assinged to the 3DSymbol column in the ACADE Catalog. 

- I have assigned a Pin on either side for Internal/External. noted as I and E Respectively.

When I use it in a project, I am still unable to assign between Internal/External pins. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost