AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEMP DEBUG MSG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pmccutcheon
340 Views, 3 Replies

TEMP DEBUG MSG

Autocad Electrical 2012 SP1 on XP SP3 32bit

Frequent problems where database services not working.

-surfer will not work, doesn't find anything in project

-catalog lookup does not work -- says it cannot find a component table, but we are setup to always use MISC_CAT -- we don't use component tables

-database full rebuild does not work -- get error message TEMP DEBUG MSG *** DIFFERENT FIELD COUNTS IN TABLE WNETLIST

I don't see a pattern to the failure.

AE will work fine for a while, then at some point, the database features/functions quit working

Only way to recover seems to be to close AE and then reopen

Seems like it cannot read DEFAULT_CAT.MDB, and the "scratch" dbase as well.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: pmccutcheon

Several causes for the DB Services failing that I know of.

1. Anti virus is doing active scanning of the drive.

2. Someone has moved or modified a file the DB Service is monitoring. This usually applies to networked systems.

3. You have used a plain ACAD command to do something that causes the DB to fail.

4. Faulty network infrastructure

To test the first item, disabel your antivirus for a session and see if that helps. If it does, try a different A/V program.

The second item can be a bit more of a pain to track down.

For the third, test by only using Electrical commands for several seesions.

You may have a faulty connection to the network and the DB Service is timing out. This could be as simple as a damaged network lead to as complex as a faulty switch. I had problems with a switch that had faulty ports that was affecting several systems only. Kept getting timeout errors but when tested, everything seemed fine.

Regards Brad 

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
pmccutcheon

Re the network - the catalog .MDB is on my C drive (not networked); the scratch database is also on C: drive -- what else is there?

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau

Those are the ones that I am aware of. Hopefully someone else will be able to help more.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost