AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tallied Panel BOM list

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
testsubject
2978 Views, 33 Replies

Tallied Panel BOM list

I recently spent time trying to track this down so I thought I would post what I did here.

I was trying to generate a BOM using the "Display in Tallied Purchase List Format" and got my list but there were too many Item numbers listed per Item Number. It is not readily apparent that you need to click on the "User Post" button to gain access to the checkbox "Suppress ITEM column repeats." This will remove all the extra iterm numbers listed in the Item Number Column. Unfortunately, this does not stick, so you have to select it each time you run a report.

Now, if we could only get rid of the blank lines left over... Trying to delete them removes the whole item number. I am currently looking into using the User Post to remove them and will reply if I find anything.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
AScorgie
in reply to: testsubject

Great fix for the BOM reports when TAGS are not required.

I was able to use it for a schematic report by changing "pur_pbom" to "pur_bom" and then replacing all of the instances of "pbom" with "bom" in the lisp file. Seems to work great, so far!

Great job!

Message 22 of 34
jminch
in reply to: dmray

Hello Doug,

I came across your question about wrapping tags and was wondering if you found a way to do this? I display the Tags as well and have the same problem. If you have found a way to do this, would you mind sharing with me please?

Thanks,

Jay

Message 23 of 34
Doug.Work
in reply to: jminch

The work around i use to save it to an excel file, then you can manipulate the data better.  For the cells to word wrap, and set the size of the cell accordingly.  Not sure if there is a better way, but it works for me.

Hope it helps.

Doug

Message 24 of 34
jminch
in reply to: Doug.Work

Doug,

Thanks for the quick response. Follow up question: After you use excel to manipulate the data, are you some how putting that abck on a drawing?

Jay

Message 25 of 34
Doug.Work

Highlight the information you want in the drawing, all the cells you want.  'CTRL-C' (Copy), then 'CTRL-V' (Paste) it into the drawing.  Generally speaking, that is how I put lists/reports into my drawings.  You have more control using excel thna the standard ACE options.

Doug

Message 26 of 34

You can define the column width in report format setup. The data will wrap when it exceeds the column width.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 27 of 34
jminch
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hello Doug,

I guess I must be doing something wrong because I saw the same info on an earlier reply and tried it. Attached is a screen shot of what I got and you will see that the wrapping did not occur. Any thoughts?

Jay

Message 28 of 34
dougmcalexander

I guess maybe I misunderstood.  Maybe you are wanting to prevent wrapping.  If you narrow column width to a width that is too narrow for the amount of data, wrapping occurs.  Maybe you are trying to get rid of wrapping and prefer comma delimited.  That will take some adjustment to the lisp file for the report you are generating.  By default the software allows one row per record.  For example, tags are inserted one per row.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 29 of 34
jalger

Hi Jay,

The TAGS are treated as Seperate entries (each as a paragraph) in the BOM if you don't use the "BY TAG" Format.

You Can do one of 2 things:

1.Change the report format ( the BY TAG, might be better suited to what you are doing)

2.Combine the Paragraphs.

To combine the Tags,

Edit the Cell you want to merge, (make sure you have the "TEXT EDITOR" tab showing.

Highlight all of the text 

Expand the dropdown for Paragraphs then select "Combine Paragraphs" (Had this out of order..LOL 🙂 )

See the screenshot below

BOM-Editing-Combine Paragraphs.png

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 30 of 34
jminch
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I don't think we were on the same page either. Instead of the following:

FU-0001

FU-0002

FU-0003

etc...

I would like to see:

FU-0001, FU-0002,

FU-0003, etc...

This would save a lot of room on my bom drawings. I am not able to write lisp programs. I was hoping there was an option already available in electrical that I wasn't aware of.

Jay

Message 31 of 34
Doug.Work

Yeah, I was in the same boat.  I used to write LISP routines, but that was years ago.  So, the option I used was save to excel, manipulate, then bring it over.

Message 32 of 34
jalger

Just so you can see the results of "Combine paragraph" I have another screenshot.

You would have to re-size the column, and add the comma's.

I Combined the "TAGS"column and left the "REF" column in its default state to show the difference.

BOM-Editing-Combine Paragraphs-results.png

By Default the Columns wrap text, for some reason they choose to split them in the default report format.

(Maybe to make it easier on the electrician, so he could cross out items he wired?)

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 33 of 34
jfrock

when I used the lisp file, my repeated lines were erased but I still have blank lines that are there as a placeholder for the tags. Is there someting that I am doing wrong?

thanks

Jason

Message 34 of 34
BlaiseW

@testsubject wrote:

I rewrote the User Post 3 part of the pur_pbom.lsp so that it now erases all other iterations of the item except the first one. My BOM Report is now much cleaner.

Here is the file for anyone else that wants to use it.

Excellent. I input your code as the 2nd User Post option by changing the pur_pbom.dcl and pur_pbom.lsp and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost