AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 1 of 34 (1,115 Views)

Tallied Panel BOM list

1115 Views, 33 Replies
08-27-2012 09:48 AM

I recently spent time trying to track this down so I thought I would post what I did here.

I was trying to generate a BOM using the "Display in Tallied Purchase List Format" and got my list but there were too many Item numbers listed per Item Number. It is not readily apparent that you need to click on the "User Post" button to gain access to the checkbox "Suppress ITEM column repeats." This will remove all the extra iterm numbers listed in the Item Number Column. Unfortunately, this does not stick, so you have to select it each time you run a report.

Now, if we could only get rid of the blank lines left over... Trying to delete them removes the whole item number. I am currently looking into using the User Post to remove them and will reply if I find anything.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 34 (1,109 Views)

Re: Tallied Panel BOM list

08-27-2012 12:38 PM in reply to: testsubject

This is a bit of a kludge, but if you go into the table and delete all the blank lines within the field of each cell in a row, you are then able to shrink that row down to a manageable size.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 3 of 34 (1,106 Views)

08-27-2012 03:28 PM in reply to: testsubject

You can stop the item numbers appearing in the Tallied BOM altogether.

Run the report, and then click on the Change Report Format button.

Find the ITEMS field in the report section and remove it.

Now save the format and you have a tallied list that can be given to purchasing personnel.

You can set up various reports like this as long as you use seperate file names for each one.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 4 of 34 (1,091 Views)

08-28-2012 06:09 AM in reply to: Icemanau

Brad, the format of the list was not the problem. I still want the items displayed in the BOM, just not so many of them. It arrtificially makes the list longer than it needs to be. From what I can tell, the extra lines are placeholders for all the TAG values associated with listed when the quantity is more than the descriptions available for tha particular catalog number (5 to 6 lines). I have not been able to discover how to access this yet. Maybe someday...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Mentor
johnq
Message 5 of 34 (1,084 Views)

08-28-2012 10:10 PM in reply to: testsubject

Brad

I wish to ask a question about what you are saying.  Do you mean that if you have two relays that are the same part number you are getting two line items rather than a could ot two?

If yes I am having the same problem but my saving grace is that my project are not that big.

Cheers  John Q

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 6 of 34 (1,068 Views)

08-29-2012 08:04 AM in reply to: johnq

This is what I am referring to.

This is how the reports generates:

Report1.jpg

This is how I want it:

Report2.jpg

Just selecting "Suppress ITEM number repeats" is not enough. All this does is replace the ITEM number with a CR in the report. I still have to go into each cell and delete these CRs (because they are not only in the first cell) before I can move the line up.

I am surprised that no one has come up with a fix for this after all these years...(unfortunately, my Lisp skills are very primitive at this time)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 7 of 34 (1,056 Views)

08-29-2012 02:13 PM in reply to: testsubject

Bob, make a copy of your original pur_pbom.lsp file and replace it with the attached version.  Then add the following line to the end of your report format file and the post process to remove repeated item numbers will execute automatically. 

User Post Process = 3

This is the way I've done it for years.  But since version 2011 allows me to item number in order of manufacturer, I no longer need the tallied purchase list format.  I just use the standard Panel BOM.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 8 of 34 (1,048 Views)

08-29-2012 03:23 PM in reply to: dougmcalexander

Doug,

That worked great for automating the User Post 3 but I still have the problem with all the empty rows per item number section (see my jpegs above). I suppose you would never notice if you accept the tags listed along with the items because they would fill up the empty rows in the TAGS column but I do not want the tags in the BOM.

Thanks anyway,

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 9 of 34 (1,014 Views)

08-31-2012 06:30 PM in reply to: testsubject

That's true.  The software is holding a place for the tags.  I report tags so it has never been a problem for me.  DIN/IEC drawings usually don't track according to item number but according to Device ID.  If you look at a typical DIN/IEC material list you will see all tags associated with each part number listed.  That's just the way it has been done in the past.  Of course with AutoCAD Electrical I can display both item numbers and tags.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 10 of 34 (938 Views)

09-11-2012 06:33 AM in reply to: dougmcalexander

I rewrote the User Post 3 part of the pur_pbom.lsp so that it now erases all other iterations of the item except the first one. My BOM Report is now much cleaner.

Here is the file for anyone else that wants to use it.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.