AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag name base on layer name

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CAD-ICE
621 Views, 3 Replies

Tag name base on layer name

Hi there,

I´m experimenting with P&ID drawings and would like to know if I can have Autocad Electrical somehow integrate the layername into to the tagname. I have read that the replacable parameter %G is for the wire layer name but this doesn´t work. For instance if I create a wire layer with the name "4" and set my drawing propertis for component tagging to "%F%G%N" then I would have expected that the components would be tagged as an example -RT401 whereas the family is RT, layer name is 4 and the first component number is 01.

The result I´m gettin is instead -RT%G01 ??

Any suggestions gentlemen?

Thx. Gary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

I belive that The %G variable only van be used for wire mumber format. Not Component tags or cross references.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hello Rhesusminus and thank´s for the answer.
Seem like the %G is limited to act only on the wire number format but it would be great if someone at Autodesk could comment on this as this function could be interesting to use when doing P&ID dwgs.
Regards, Gary
Message 4 of 4
CAD-ICE
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Anyone out there having a soulution for this?
Thx. Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost