AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag format

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
583 Views, 7 Replies

Tag format

Componant attributs tags are forced to by upper case. Is there a switch to allow lower case attribute tags like there is for the description text? CDS
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that that is hardcoded and not switchable.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 8
lauraw

open project dialog, select misc settings button, uncheck force descx to uppercase.
this allowed lowercase text in my component tag name.
descx first made me think it applied only to the desc tags but seems to apply to component tag also.

think this should do it...

thx
Message 4 of 8
testsubject

I also thought that was only for DESC. Thanks for the info.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I still cant get this to work. The discription is lower case, but the TAG is still all caps. I want a coil relay to display as aCR741 for example. Setting the tag format to a%F%N still gets me ACR741. CDS "lauraw" wrote in message news:22992249.1081363408740.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > open project dialog, select misc settings button, uncheck force descx to uppercase. > this allowed lowercase text in my component tag name. > descx first made me think it applied only to the desc tags but seems to apply to component tag also. > > think this should do it... > > thx
Message 6 of 8
lauraw

I see what you mean...
I looked for an easy fix but didn't find one, what did work for me was to re-create the block for the coil. Dor the default for tag1 I typed in aCR. Then with the auto-tagging my tagname appeared as aCR001. I did first try to assign the family name to aCR but was automatically forced to uppercase. With a lowercase "a" in the tag1 default, the resulting tag remained as lowercase. I'm not sure if this is what you want. Maybe others have a better solution.

Laura
Message 7 of 8
RickP2

On a similiar note, in my installation, all my component tags have a dash '-' in front of them. ie. -CR501

Others here do not have it and I cant figure out how to get rid of the dash.

Any help?
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

It could be that IEC tagging mode is toggled on, on your machine. To check this, go to pull-down menu 'Projects->Project->Project New/Existing' and select the 'Miscellaneous Settings'. On the 'Miscellaneous Project Settings' dialog, see if the first option 'Combined Installation/Location and component Tag mode (IEC-style)' is toggled on. If so, and you do not require this option, try toggling this option off and see if the issue goes away. If this is not the problem, it could be that there is a '-' character in your 'Component Tagging' setup. To verify, select 'Drawing Configuration' from the 'Projects' pull-down menu and verify the settings in the 'Component Tagging' section for 'Tag format'. Steve "RickP2" wrote in message news:29226701.1093530360885.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > On a similiar note, in my installation, all my component tags have a dash '-' in front of them. ie. -CR501 > > Others here do not have it and I cant figure out how to get rid of the dash. > > Any help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost