AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table with screw terminals?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Golgor
591 Views, 2 Replies

Table with screw terminals?

Hello all!

First of all, I'm pretty new to Autocad Electrical. I have been using similar software before, but tthis environment is new to me. I tried to search for this both on this forum and on google but didn't see any answer. Also tried to solve it myself by guessing.

My problem:

I have an electric motor with screw terminals, see attached picture. Apart from the motor I also have several other components such as a contactor etc. I use the screw terminals just a equipotential connections points in my wiring, for example the L1 (Grid connection) is connected to the top leftmost screw terminal. To the same terminal I have the contactor (L1) and also a external pump (+).

So far I have been using regular terminals (Round with Wire Number Change). Altough this gives me the behavior in the main circuit schematic I find it hard to get a proper table for this.

I only have one "pin" with i.e. 4 connections and all tables I have found so far seems to assume I have at least two pins as regular terminal blocks do have.

Is it possible to make "one-sided" terminal blocks?

Regards

Robert

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
OP21
in reply to: Golgor

You can!

Simply create the symbol block as you wish,  or use an existing block, explode it and re-use the attribute information...

The solution is using the X?TERM0x fields within the block....

X1=right

X2=top

X4=left

X8=bottom

Once your block has been created, upon insertion the wires will break at these defined points ...see the attached image as a guide.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 3
Golgor
in reply to: OP21

Not sure if you understood me, maybe I was a bit fussy with the description. I have a circuit diagram with small circles to denote a connection point. See the picture attached.

I have four wires conented to this screw terminal X1, there is a total of six (6) screw in this terminal as shown in the picture from my first post. What I need is a table, similar to a terminal block table, to say that wires 015,040,030,029 are connected to this screw terminal X1:5. For example.

You can get tables like this very easy using the report tool in Autocad, but that tool seems to always have two sided terminals, i.e. it says what cables are connected to Pin1 and Pin2. Mine are only screw terminal and thus only "one-side".

Thanks for a fasta reply anyways opavlica!

Regards

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost