AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Libraries

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brianafischer
318 Views, 2 Replies

Symbol Libraries

I have a few questions regarding symbol libraries in AutoCAD Electrical 2006:

1. My Electrical designs often include pneumatic block diagrams. I know that under "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2006\Libs" the following libraries exist:

iec2
iec4
jic1
jic125
panel
pneu_iso125

Are there any examples/tutorials for using JIC1, JCI125, and PNEU_ISO125? The tutorials that shipped with ACADE were WDDEMO and IECDEMO.

2. I often purchase parts that are not available in the default AutoCAD Electrical symbol library. Are there any resources that provide symbol libraries that may be purchsed? I know it is possible to create items using black box builder. What is the reccomended way of adding new items to the component menu?

Thanks for the help!

-Brian
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi brianafischer,

We do not provide any tutorials or examples using the pneumatic (PNEU_ISO125) libraries in AutoCAD Electrical 2006. The workflow for inserting pnuematic symbols is similar to that of the JIC demo.

From the Help: "The default symbol subdirectory, jic1, and a companion 0.125 uniform text height library, jic125, each contain hundreds of component symbols in standard AutoCAD ".dwg" file format. These are referenced by AutoCAD Electrical and its icon menuing system and are inserted as standard AutoCAD blocks with attributes."

You can follow the Getting Started guide to insert symbols in any of the symbol libraries you mentioned.

Thanks,
Heather Schwartz
Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical DSS
Message 3 of 3

> We do not provide any tutorials or examples using the pneumatic
> (PNEU_ISO125) libraries in AutoCAD Electrical 2006. The workflow
> for inserting pnuematic symbols is similar to that of the JIC demo.

Are there any non-official sources/references for examples?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost