AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol builer problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mtakkol
734 Views, 5 Replies

Symbol builer problem

Hello,

I have a problem with symbol builder.

After I drew a rectangular symbol with 4 wire connections. I saved it and added it to the dwg. But I just can connect wires to 3 of the wire connections. I can not connect to the 4th one. I tried it several times, but the result is always the same.

Thanx

Tolga

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: mtakkol

Can you post the symbol you are trying to build? It is hard for any of us to give you help without seeing what you are attempting to do...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 6
mtakkol
in reply to: testsubject

Sorry Bob,

Please find the symbol file attached.

Thanx for the support

Tolga

Message 4 of 6
metal_pro2

Your conection point at terminal 1 is "X4TERM02" that means the wire is connected from the left it should be "X8TERM02"

Also you don't require the screw heads, the wires connect to the insertion point of the attribute "X8TERM02" move these attributes "X8TERM01","X8TERM02","X8TERM03","X8TERM04" to were you want the wire to connect to on your graphic.

I would also get in the habit of not using text as descriptors for terminals on your symbols. if you were to use the attribute "TERM02" with a default value of "1" with the same text height and justification as the text "1" you have placed on the symbol it would alow you to change the value (Pins) later if required and also if you need to create a report later it will be able to use this connection information in the report.

I attached the revised level gauge symbol drawing so you can see what I mean.

Message 5 of 6
testsubject

Looks Like Metal pro beat me to it. Smiley Happy

The left most terminal has a different X#Term## value than the other three. It should be changed to X8TERM02 and moved to the bottom of the circle (assuming you wanted the wires to all come in from the bottom.)

The X# value determines where the wire is terminated

X1 - on the right

X2 - On the top

X4 - On the left

X8 - On the bottom

As for the filename, you should use the naming convention for symbols.

Here is a Wiki that explains how to name files for ACE:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesAcadE_UsersGuide/GUID-EC107A26-54F7-4F2...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 6
mtakkol
in reply to: testsubject

Thank you gentlemen for the contribution.

Now it is clear.

Tolga

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost