AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Builder Placement

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bjonkers71
343 Views, 2 Replies

Symbol Builder Placement

Hello.

I am having some trouble with a symbol i have edited.  It does not always show up when i select it and f it does it place's it no where near where i specify.  I am not sure why.  If anybody could help would b great.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: bjonkers71

What Operating System are you using?

What release of ACADE are you using?

Two possible causes come to mind straight away, regardless of OS and ACADE version.

Cause 1:

How did you edit the block?

There are two ways to edit a block. Opening the block dwg and making the changes is the better option as you have access to ALL the tools. Using this method also allows the edited block to be used in more than the dwg you are working on.

The second option is to use the Block Editor and this blocks the use of some of the standard tools. This option also only affects the open dwg.

If you opened the block to do the edits, was the block already inserted into the dwg?

Did you update the block if it was already inserted?

ACAD and all it's variants will use an existing definition of a block if that block has already been used in a dwg. ACADE has a tool to update the definition and apply those changes to any existing blocks.

If you editied the block using the block editor,have you tried to synchronise the attributes. Sometimes changes made to a block (like moving/adding attributes) will cause problems due to ACAD still using at the original definition. Type ATTSYNC on the command line and then select the block.

NOTE - Doing this will cause everything to revert to the layer set in the block rather than where ACADE moves them to.

Cause 2:

Another common problem is to have the Object Snap turned on when inserting blocks. In this case the block will default to the closest object snap like the end or middle of a line.

I checked the block you supplied and it inserted perfectly with no problems. It may be a matter of updating any existing blocks to match the edited version. This will also reset any layout changes (like moving an attribute).

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
bjonkers71
in reply to: Icemanau

ATTSYNC and reopen the drawing and all good.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost