AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Builder issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dmray
457 Views, 2 Replies

Symbol Builder issue

Hello again all.  My latest issue is the symbol builder.  Specifically, when I try to build a symbol, i don't see any of the default template settings (library path, symbol, type).  Nothing is there.  Leads me to believe i am missing a mapped path, but I don't know which path I want to link it up to.    I'd rather not completely reinstall this instance of ACADE, but it's looking like I might have to.

Any of the ACADE gurus out there able to help out, and point me towards the correct fodler/file I need to map that path to for symbol builder?

Thank you again

Doug

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: dmray

Hi Doug.

For this information to appear, two conditions must be met.

1. The paths listed in "Schematic Libraries", MUST exist.

Capture.PNG

2. At least ONE of the libraries MUST contain the Attribute Template files (AT_*.DWG) and the connection point symbols (BB*.DWG).

If you have created your own symbol library, make sure it is listed eon top of the Schematic Libraries-list, and also copy the AT_*.DWG and BB*.DWG files from one of the libraries that comes with AutoCAD Electrical.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
Clarky-74
in reply to: rhesusminus

Works...Thanks!
Clarky-74

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost