AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Builder - how to create two terminals that are internally jumped

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pwk
Advocate
427 Views, 2 Replies

Symbol Builder - how to create two terminals that are internally jumped

Hi,

I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2014.  I have used Symbol Builder to create a symbol that represents a component I use frequently.  In this symbol, I created two wire connection points with the following attributes....

(1) X4TERM01; TERM01

(2) X4TERM02; TERM02

...In this component, these two terminals are internally jumped.  Therefore, when I use this symbol, if I draw a wire going into TERM01 and then another wire coming out of TERM02, these two wire segments should have the same wire number.  The way that I have created the symbol, AutoCAD is treating these as two separate wires and it complains when I try to assign them the same wire number.  I was wondering if there is something I can do inside my symbol that would make AutoCAD aware that these terminals are connected so that it will automatically use the same wire number for any wire going into or out of either of these terminals?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: pwk

Easy way to do this is to change the terminal numbers...

For example...

(1) X4TERM01; TERM01

(2) X4TERM01; TERM02

This will pass the wire number from the first connection to the second connection with no problems.

You should also get the two different terminal numbers for the differing connection points.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: pwk

Are you using the WD_JUMPERS attribute to create the internal jumpers, or do yo use the internal jumpers tool, that creates the VIA_WD_JUMPERS Xdata?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost