AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Builder - Attribute Template????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Tim_L
344 Views, 4 Replies

Symbol Builder - Attribute Template????

Hi there,

I am trying to build a custom symbol for my schematic. We have just installed a network version of ACE 2009. I have created the graphic (4 port Ethernet switch). When I start the Symbol Builder tool it asks for an “Attribute Template”. The help file tells me the Attribute Template file names begin with “AT_”. I have searched the network servers and my local work station but can not find any such file names. Did we miss something on the install of ACE 2009 or am I not looking for the right thing? FYI – ACE 2009 sees and works just fine with the custom symbols and custom symbol folders we created with ACE 2008 network version.

Any help will be appreciated
Thank you
Tim L.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BruTec
in reply to: Tim_L

The attribute templates are located in the same directory as the symbol libraries. Each library style has it's own templates. For example, JIC125 has it's own, IEC2 has it's own, and so on.

If they aren't there, something happened on the install.
Randy Brunette
Message 3 of 5
Tim_L

Thank you for the reply. Quick question about the JIC125 folder. Is it suppose to be in the network ACE 2009 directory? I find a jic125 folder in the leftover files from ACE 2007 but of course it does not have any Attribute Template files.

Thanks again
Message 4 of 5
BruTec

In a stand-alone installation, the files are located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2009\Libs. I'm not sure where they would be located on your network drive. To find out where your system is trying to find the libraries at look in your project properties under Project Settings > Schematic Libraries.

In the Project Manager, right-click the project name and select Properties. In the Project Properties dialog box, Project Settings tab, click the Plus sign (+) in front of Schematic Libraries to expand the list. The path to your symbol libraries should be listed.

In the folder should be the attribute templates. If not you will need to install from your DVD.

Hope this helps.
Randy Brunette
Message 5 of 5
btackes

When creating the network deployment you specify if the libraries are to be shared and the location for the shared libraries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost