AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

dlack
Message 1 of 11 (746 Views)

Symbol Builder - Attribute Editor Pins List Not Displaying?

746 Views, 10 Replies
09-26-2011 08:15 AM

Hi,

I'm new to Autocad Electrical and especially the symbol builder.

I have created a symbol and added pins using the Attribute Editor - Wire Connections dialog. Then I did Symbol Builder - Done and saved the symbol. I could insert it into the schematic, etc.

However, when I reopen the symbol in Symbol Builder, the pin attributes no longer show up in the Pins list under Attribute Editor. This is a problem because when I try to enter new pins into this symbol, it is duplicating the attribute tags (for example, I will have two separate TERM01 tags.

Is there a way to get the pins list to see pins that already exist in the symbol when it is opened? Am I missing something else?

In the attached image you can see that the pins list only contains the new pin I added, and not the previously existing pins.

dlack
Message 2 of 11 (741 Views)

Re: Symbol Builder - Attribute Editor Pins List Not Displaying?

09-26-2011 10:38 AM in reply to: dlack

Just wanted to update. This seems to be associated with using the Wire Connection - Style - Others ... Drop-Down. Any terminals that I create using this dialog seem to be "forgotten" by the pins list when re-opening the symbol in sybol builder. Any terminals I create buy just using the generic styles in the drop down are remembered.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dustin

Employee
RobinShou-Autodesk
Message 3 of 11 (715 Views)

09-28-2011 11:53 PM in reply to: dlack

Hello Dustin,

I tried the similar workflow in Symbol Builder in ACE2012, but didn't see your problem. Please check the following video, and let me know if it is the same workflow with yours.

http://screencast.com/t/bdUqT3C70

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

dlack
Message 4 of 11 (687 Views)

10-04-2011 05:51 AM in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Hi Robin,

You have actually illustrated the method that works for me. I get the same results as you.

However, instead of selecting one of the predefined Wire Connection "Direction/Style" drop-downs (for example, Left/None), I was originally selecting "Other" and defining one of my own. For example, I was selecting the one the looks like a screw and putting wire connections from all 4 directions.

When I do it this way, they don't show up in the list when I re-open as shown in your video.

Thanks for the support!

Dustin

Employee
RobinShou-Autodesk
Message 5 of 11 (683 Views)

10-04-2011 08:04 AM in reply to: dlack

Hello Dustin,

I also tried to select the "Other" and select the screw and put wire connections from all 4 directions. but still no problem.

please refer to:
http://screencast.com/t/48Oy4NvF8d8

Can you create a video record for your workflow and issues? then I can have a review and check it.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

dlack
Message 6 of 11 (680 Views)

10-04-2011 08:33 AM in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Robin,

Please see below.

http://screencast.com/t/MAxPTbfe5

Thanks,

Dustin

sbejusca
Message 7 of 11 (267 Views)

03-21-2014 09:59 AM in reply to: dlack

Hi there,

I have the same problem in ACADE 2014. I do not see the any wire connection listed when I edit my previously created symbol.

If I add a new connection it duplicates the first original connection.

Does this problem have a solution?

Thank you 

Stefan

*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 8 of 11 (243 Views)

03-27-2014 01:40 AM in reply to: sbejusca

I haven't experienced this myself. Do this apply for all symbols, or just for some symbols?

If only for some symbols, can you post one of those symbols here?

Trond Hasse Lie

ECAD Consultant, CtrlAltEl

Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
subhpoto
Message 9 of 11 (219 Views)

03-31-2014 11:22 AM in reply to: dlack

hello,

i have also the same problem with autocad electrical 2014, is this problem with version ?

ryteone
Message 10 of 11 (172 Views)

05-12-2014 05:53 AM in reply to: subhpoto

No I had the same problem with AutoCAD Electrical 2014 and now having it with Electrical 2015!  I also have it where after editing blocks you go to close the block editor and it displays bclose in the command line but stays in the editor regardless of what you do.  I had that in 2014 and it continues on 2015 (it's not just one machine but had it happen on all three I use).

As far as the terminal issue I'm using the symbol builder under the Schematic tab to edit a PLC I had AutoCAD Electrical place.  But I needed to edit the terminals and add some.  The graphic items I add to the block always show up but when I use the symbol builder attribute editor to place wire connections the the grahic items they never show up when I place the object into the drawing or when I go back and use the symbol builder to look at the block again.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.