AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Auto Fill Attribute

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MTSII
818 Views, 5 Replies

Symbol Auto Fill Attribute

I am creating a symbol (Profibus I/O block) and need to have a field (per port, 8 total) that can be populated similar to a PLC I/O. ie. Starting Address(X0.0), Octal or Decimal etc to auto fill the tags. I haven't found any details of how to do this during symbol creation. Anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
OP21
in reply to: MTSII

Have you explored the options within the PLC Database Editor?  You may be able to use a parametric build for your I/O card.  I've used this in the past to create Serial Communication cards with 2 ports (addressable points) and terminals with pre-assigned fields...

This may point you in the right direction... 

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 6
MTSII
in reply to: OP21

I don't want it to look like a PLC I/O. I want it to look like a component I have drawn (see attached). There must be an attribute to call up that allows sequencing, example:- %%X, %%X+1, %%X+2 etc.

Any ideas

Message 4 of 6
electricman1

This should be possible. Add a parametric PLC with similar i/o and explode it. Then scoot and edit the attributes as needed. Then re-block it and I believe the block name has to start "PLCIO" in order for the ACADE editor to recognize it as a PLC.

Message 5 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: electricman1

Electricman1 has i right. If you name the symbol PLCIO-[filename] then ACE will treat it like a PLC and allow you to have I/O values auto number.

Name your attributes TAGA## where ## is sequential 01 to (highest count). When you edit the symbol, the PLC dialog box comes up and you can just edit the first i/o and the others will auto number.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 6
MTSII

Thank you Gentlemen, that work just fine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost